Old 03-11-2015   #1
eureka, California
Paddling Since: 2015
NorCal new to the game need friends.

I recently decided that I could afford to get into kayaking which is something I have always enjoyed in a recreational/rental capacity so i purchased a Jackson Rogue 9. I live in eureka so i went with the rouge for its skeg and better flat water tracking so i could paddle the bay on days that the surfing was bad. i also picked the rouge for its river ability. now i am bored with the bay and need to make some friends that are interested in adding a new guy to the adventures or at least give him a shot. I have done some roll over training and have decent roll down but other than that I'm a total noob. anyone that has any advise on groups around humboldt or want a happy willing to learn new guy to show the ropes to let me know! ill buy the beer at the end of the day if someone is interested in a nice mild float (class I-II max) and teach me how to read the river and pick lines and what not. Thanks for input!

Gredvig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015   #2
Gardnerville, Nevada
Paddling Since: 00
Ah, eureka... my first time in a kayak was paddling across the bay to arcata. In a pirouette no less. Wish I had a skeg on that thing. next day up to the trinity where i learned what swimming was all about, good thing it wasn't in the bay. I'm sure you'll find folks up there to paddle with. Have fun and be safe.

Welcome to the Buzz.

more snow = more water
oarframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015   #3
Three Rivers, California
Paddling Since: 2002
Here is the local ww community online:
darinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015   #4
eureka, California
Paddling Since: 2015
Thanks! I have only lived in humboldt for 6 months and I'm still getting used to meeting people in a small community. This helps a lot
Gredvig12 is offline   Reply With Quote