Old 06-20-2005   #1
DP/ Cinematographer
DP - cinematographer, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
Nice one "Hobie"

"It kind of makes me laugh that people from Denver think they're from Colorado," said Ken Hoeve, a professional kayaker from Gypsum. "Colorado is really the mountains. As soon as you cross over the Continental Divide, that's when you're really in Colorado. Denver is just another city. It might as well be Cincinnati, as far as I'm concerned."

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #2
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
The last time I looked my Drivers license said Colorado. Am I dreaming? This is all a dream!!!!! See you at the pahrty, Richtor. Well like I say never trust anyone named Ken . . but now I guess anytime he steps over the divide it would be in our best interest to treat him like a true Coloradan - Vail right? Jeez gimme a friggin break. If Vail is the real Colorado we should all run. . . fast. Comments like this make me shake my head.

Kent Phillips

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #3
A-Town!, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
It's amazying how mountain men are so extreme. You guys rock. I heard how hard it is to find a condo in Eagle. Man, I just couldn't live as core as you guys do. I mean, you got a real long drive to Walmart in Silverthorne too. I just don't know how you can do it year after year. Mountain men are so rugged!
ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #4
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
I was waiting for this haha.... Brook you got to it before me...hahaha...

Its Ok to be a butranger....I mean frontranger....

Really it is....

Ben Guska
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #5
Golden, Colorado
Originally Posted by Phillips
Comments like this make me shake my head.
I have a similar reaction....they make my middle finger twitch and then extend.

Guess i'll start telling people i live in greater kansas now.

People always gotta feel like they are better than the rest somehow...the comment probably comes from him compensating for a small penis.
bkp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #6
I thought once you crossed the Divide you were in Utah...
Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #7
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
sheesh...entertain me why don't ya

Got some news for this dickhead. I remember when Vail wasn't. Vail is a made up city. an afterthought and outgrowth of the ski area, just as Beaver Creek and Avon are.

Last I checked, Denver was part of Colorado, at least I don't recall that it had been reannexed by Texas or Kansas, which by the way, most of Colorado was once part of, at least after it had been claimed, bought, stolen from France and Spain and Mexico, and let us not forget the Native Americans too.

Last I checked, wasn't Ken that 'light-in-the-loafers' looking, sometime companion of Barbie? The chick with the fake J-Lo butt, big boobs, no paddling skills and prozac smile.

mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #8
You guys got that. I think what he’s saying is frontrangers shouldn’t buy dagger. We're just a small part of the "Colrado" market anyway.
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #9
So where was this quoted from? I am curious and would like to read the rest of it.
CoreyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #10
Denver (Philly Native), Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Denver Post "Extreme Sports" section for the "Extreme Vail" uber jocks, f#cking lame...

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro" -HST
PhillyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote