Old 06-24-2005   #61
Lived on both sides of the divide

I've lived on both sides of the divide and would have to say that the weather is much nicer on the Denver side. There is nothing wrong with Denver. You can drive to the heart of the mountains in a hour and a half. Plus there are other things to do in Denver besides outdoorsy stuff. You can also make a living in Denver. I haven't found a way to live in a place like gunny and make a living. If anyone has any ideas let me know. :P

chadmckenzie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005   #62
Full Tilt wrote: "Why are we hating eachother we ALL live in Colorado, we should hate texans that come to our state."

Yo, FT.... true enough we should not be hating each other, BUT we should not be hating Texans or ANYONE else for that matter.

Aside from the fact that its just a waste of life to hate anyone (especially because of where they are from), Texans are very usefull to us Coloradoans..... they are what allows our tourist-based economy to exist and trive. If you would prefer to live in a shack and work the mines, or in some chemical factory plant, by all means, move to a state where they have an industry based economy and no visiting Texans.

By the way, anyone know how to insert a quote box???

Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005   #63
Indian Hills, Colorado
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #64
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Wow, just got back from a week down in SW Colo and Utah - great water and had a fantastic time with my brother and nephews - the 12-year rowed a 14 ft raft through everything but Smelter the other day on the Animas and my 16-yr old nephew was getting great surfs for so long I thought he'd get a parking ticket.

What a way to come back to the Buzz! Here this thread is still going or revived from some dark orifice. Hasn't this whole bucket of crap been beaten to death? Yada yada Front Rangers Suck, yada yada folks who live in the mountains all think they're hot shit... blah blah blah....

Jeeze... start planning your next trip, call up some buds from one side of the Divide or the other and start figuring out where the water's going to be next weekend. Go reread that AW journal or Paddler, Whatever you do, remember that the whole idea is to have fun... Isn't it?

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote