Mountain Buzz banner

NF Little Wind Eye Candy and TR

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  caspermike 
#1 ·
Got some photos up of the North Fork of the Little Wind and some more new TR's of new Wyoming runs coming soon.

Click Coldfear.com

Enjoy!

#5 ·
Aaron,

What do you plan to do if you get caught? You've already told us that you asked the Agency to paddle below Boysen and they said no. The fishing license access is good for hiking but, they've specificaly told me that ice climbing doesn't come with the package. I've been wondering what would happen to the folks that are running the Bull Lake area as well.

#7 ·
I bought my permit both times to cover myself and so did the others in the group. The Winds are much, much different then the Thermopolis area and there is much more reservation politics involved with floating the section below Boysen. I believe as long as we take the right steps and not act like idiots with bonfires and partying on the mountain we will be fine. Climbing is allowed in the winds but yes in the canyon below Boysen it is not.

As far as I know the only two tr's are mine and Evans.

#8 ·
and austin's, and im pretty sure its still not legal. its the same reservation same rules apply. you need an local native american present to boat the water. or have the permitt to boat. not a fishing licence. you indeed were not fishing. the fishing licence is needed for hiking as well.

#9 ·
http://doc.narf.org/nill/Codes/shoshonearapaho/title_xvi.pdf
Section 16-1-4 Boat Fishing
(1) Life Jackets and Boat: Each and every person who shall operate or ride a boat,
raft or other navigable vessel shall have in possession an approved U.S. Coast Guard type life
jacket during the time the boat, raft or vessel is afloat on any waters of the Reservation. All
persons, except enrolled Shoshone and Arapaho members, in the boat must possess a valid
fishing permit.
(2) All lakes and streams are closed to boat fishing, except the following: Bull Lake,
Dinwoody Lakes, Ray Lake, Moccasin Lake and Washakie Reservoir; however, motorized boats
are prohibited on Moccasin Lake.
(3) The use of motorized boats or rafts is prohibited on all lakes and ponds in the
roadless area of the Wind River Indian Reservation.

so keep it on the down low specially if you your self want to get back in there.

#11 ·
all im saying quit braggin, 3 tr's is beating the dead horse. its awsome run, now lets shut the fuck up. blm and other gov agencies have checked this site before... and now they have evidence that can always be used.
hunter thompson wouldn't take pictures of himself smoking meth.

im sure im not the only one who want to get their so keep it on the DL. and im sure its only time before somebody does get caught; than what about the run?

#13 ·
respect is a big word. you blantly disrespect the Natives wish's and post and act like its all cool. they see this they would absolutly punish you for having no wrong doing feelings. i would hate to be the ones to get caught. the reservation jail wouldn't be a friendly place to be. they aren't under federal law and do as they please.

peace and learn some respect. if you are going to run against somebodies wish's don't over post the shit or self incriminate yourself, thats just stupid

#14 ·
Mike perhaps I know more then you think about the reservation policies. im not disrespecting I paid 80 bucks for a permit I know was not needed. Mike im giving you shit calm down. We are all aware of our actions and choices.

I understand your point and for what its worth I have indian in my blood.

#15 ·
So I think CasperMike has a point here but in typical CMike style he isn't being remotely diplomatic about it.

The TRs thus far have been very clear about the access issues and I really appreciate that. Hopefully the kayak community can remember to follow Austin's specific advice so that we can maintain access to this run and other quality runs on the res. Hopefully anyone else who posts pics of this run to their blog will remember to reiterate Austin's rules of thumb.

I'm psyched that the first descenders have been kind enough to share beta about this run and I don't think the issues are anything like those in Yellowstone or Pandoras. That said, access issues in the winds are real and the tribe could shut down access at any time.

If this place turns into another stop on the bro-brah tour and every huckster with a video camera starts blasting music at the takeout access will probably be gone. If that happens it won't be the fault of blogs...it'll be the fault of whatever jackass forgot his common sense.

Stay stealth peeps. I wanna get on this one.

PS - $80 is not a trivial fee. If we remain respectful I'm guessing the Indian tribe will see it as a sweet revenue source.

#19 ·
totally wrong. beeeerrrr you lose. i have no problem dishin the beta and invite the bro bra's. as long as they respect the issues at hand and don't ruin that access by being disrespectful shmucks.
i enjoy groups comin in a getting it done. i don't even have to be on the trip and ill dish the beta. for somebody that doesn't know me or spoken with me you sure have a lot of assumptions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.