Old 09-01-2010   #1
Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
NF Feather River Kayaker Drowning

Kayaker drowns in the Feather River

Suzie K., who I've known since I first started kayaking in '96 as a coworker and friend that I've lost contact with as of lately, has passed away apparently due to foot entrapment this past weekend while kayaking. From the limited news reports & nothing so far over at AW, it appears a valiant effort was put forward by those with her to attempt to resuscitate her.

From the news report and Google Earth, it looks as though it occurred near the reservoir below Buck's Lake PH.

If anyone has information about the incident it would be nice to learn more about this tragic event.

Suzie was a great person who I had the pleasure of working with in the western Sierras as foresters for PG&E, as well as in the Lake Tahoe Basin for Sierra Pacific Power Co. Long since I left Tahoe, I know Suzie continued working for various agencies helping to keep Tahoe Blue by keeping the Trees Green, as well as working on several fire crews. Although, I never knew her as a kayaker (hence not knowing her skill level on the river), I know she loved the Sierras, therefore it comes as no surprise, albeit unfortunate, to hear she was paddling in the beautiful Feather River.

We can all be assured, whether there was some white-knuckled moments or not, Suzie would have always been smiling from ear to ear being on the water and in the mountains she loved.

My thoughts and condolences go to her family and friends, as she will be greatly missed.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off