Old 07-23-2006   #1
***New wood in Bailey

Last night a riverwide tree fell just around the corner from the bottom of supermax. I cut out the lower branches on river left so there is a good path but you still need to be heads up.

yakpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #2
Huge thanks for cutting out the branches. Nice to not have to get out of the boat. The left channel is big and easy to hit. The level today was great. Not sure what is up with the gauge difference, but it felt like the higher level today (470ish as opposed to 370ish). Amazing that its been holding at such a good level for this long. Now the only question; where are all the boaters? Half as many as there should be given what's running.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #3
The next zone, .
Thanks for cuttin out the branches - it is s super easy move now. You cannot see the cut out from super max but it is there. We got out to walk it then saw the cut out branches. Well we just walked up and ran the max again.

Also I do not see these two trees goin anywhere for awhile. It will take some high water to move these two.

Yep it is at a super fun level. We only saw Cutch and one other group fo. You figure with a million people just over the hill more "rangers"
would take advantage.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #4
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Seems like too many "rangers" these days are obsessed with playboating and don't make time for any of the good runs. Bailey was definately good on Saturday, and definately bigger than the guage would have you believe. Thanks for cutting out the wood. Thing must have fallen just after my group ran through sat afternoon.
benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #5
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
ironically the best play on the Range right now would prolly be in the last miles of bailey ..

&, just sayin', but skookumchuck just had a 15-knot weekend with bluebird skies & temps in the high 80's. i heard there was only a couple parties out there taking advantage.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #6
Systems & Process Design, Colorado
the only question; where are all the boaters? Half as many as there should be given what's running.
My guess is to why there were not may boaters is that Bailey has been running between 600 - 700cfs for over a month.

Relatively speaking the current level is low water.

It has been a great season for Bailey... the best of my memory.

Jason... thanks for cutting the branches off!!!

And if anyone is interested in viewing Jason's helmet cam video of Bailey you can see it on under Paddling - Video - Bailey Canyon.
alexhenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #7
Hey Alex...I think I saw Carol Cady on your website. If you know how to reach her, please PM me or email me at

Thanks! And nice site!

holley is offline   Reply With Quote