Old 11-06-2007   #1
EUGENE, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1
NEW to the forum have a question

Hey, I'm Chris. I have a gear related question but thought I would get a better response posting it in this forum. So I was wondering what peoples opinions were on the Palm semi drytop? I'm a small guy(5'3) and I want a drytop with a good fit. I wore a palm one rafting and it seemed to keep out just as much water as a drytop. The neck was bunched up and the sleeves a tiny bit long. So any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

chrisraabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #2
pnw, Washington
Well I havent tried the Palm product so I cant help you on that one but I would say buy a full on drytop based on where you live. If you plan on paddling much then dont skimp on your top. When I got around to buying a quality top it really made a difference as far as comfort.

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #3
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I recently bought a Palm drysuit and really like it (except for the fact that it doesn't have a relief zipper, but that's my purchasing decision, not their fault) after three uses. The times I've worn it, I've had good feedback from others regarding their personal experience with other Palm products. Personally, I'd go for a drytop, not a semi-dry... you can always roll to cool off. I had an IR w/o a latex neck and it was good for about a season with not letting water in. After that, it was a chilling experience of cold water rushing down my neck. I ended up soaked and chilled even on warm days. I then bought a real drytop. Wish I had skipped the expense of the other.

lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #4
EUGENE, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1
see my experience doing raft flip drills with a palm semi was that it worked just as good as a dry. I would like do find a semi or drytop that the neck and wrist gaskets dont bunch up. Since im shorter they do.
chrisraabe is offline   Reply With Quote