Mountain Buzz banner

New to Mountain Buzz

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  uofostinks 
#1 ·
Hello fellow rafters. I am new to this forum and wondering if there are boaters here that live in Oregon. I am in Eugene and would love to hook up with some folks for river trips in the area. I'm trying to get up for a run on the Upper North Santiam before it runs out of water. Thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome to the buzz.

The first rule of Mountainbuzz is you don't talk about mountainbuzz.

The second rule of mountainbuzz is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT MOUNTAINBUZZ!

The third rule is the more you post, even resulting in not boating to simply post all day, the better of a boater you will become!

:razz:

#3 ·
As someone who typically shuns authority and organization, I will need a few moments to acclimate to my new surroundings. The rules you have outlined seem reasonable in light of the personalities of many of my rafting friends. Here's to making many new ones here at M _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ B _ _ _ _! :rolleyes: Thanks for the welcome! :razz:

#5 ·
You know if you get that post count up to a thousand or so you are a legit class V rafter...Keep posting bud :D

Though I've never been in a raft my post count of nearly 500 grants the right to claim class 4 rafting skills...it's all very technical. he he he

One of these days I'll get on a raft.

#6 ·
Gannon.. are you bored? You need to go out boating more.

#8 ·
There are two difficult rapids on that run. I've had to eat water twice in Niagra and quite frankly, its a brutal swim. At my age, I dont want to do that anymore. The Narrows is getting more difficult each day due to lower discharge from Green Peter. I was up there scouting yesterday and it is imperitive to hit the eddy immediatly above the slot, as there is not enough water to allow passage through it. Boats must be tipped on thier sides to get through. The rest of that class 5 monster is still definately do-able. Your right, there may be only 10 days to two weeks of decent flow remaining. I'm gonna run it on Tuesday. If I live, I will be back to give a report.:) There were problems up there yesterday as someone accidently ran the diversion dam that is a required portage. The people got out ok (one guy lost his shorts...literally) but the raft was stuck in the reversal below for more than six hours. I've got room for another brave soul if'n you are interested!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.