Old 07-06-2005   #1
New to kayaking, in W. Colorado

I just started in April, doing mostly the light runs in Grand Junction using a Blackwater 10.5. Recently bought a wavesport forplay and am loving it in the white stuff! I took a roll class at Whitewater West and know how to roll, I just need to practice more to become consistent.

I did a run in Moab 3 weekends ago, put in @ rocky rapids - takeout beach using my blackwater 10.5.

Rocky rapids is my fav. so far, just wish i had brought my WW kayak. The white points (i think that's what theyre called) were HUGE.

Anyone near W. Colorado looking for a kayaking buddy, let me know. I'm still green and would like to go with someone experienced to learn from.

werew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #2
Bugtussle, Kentucky
werew - I live in Grand Junction, although I am not too experienced...been paddling for a year, class III is my comfortable limit right now.

When Shoshone gets down a bit I'll be looking for someone to join me. Trying to get as much class III mileage as I can this year. Check your PM.

bjett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #3
You don't need to go to glen wood. go hit 5th street the wave is good for surfing . i have been thare 5 times in the last six days. go hit it. its good.
luke c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #4
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
werew, Come mid August, Ill send you a post. There are about 6 of us who go to Mesa State College and work for the outdoor program teaching kayaking plus a couple others. we go to glenwood all the time, westwater trips, whatever we can find running. right now, go to 5th street wave, it will be the best local wave around. I dont know bjett, but I do know luke C. any of these guys will work. I can give you numbers of others as well, if your looking for more ppl to boat with.

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #5
Bugtussle, Kentucky
I'm pretty sketchy, but trustworthy.

We should meet, I'll be by with my girlfriend today picking up a kayak at MSC...trying to expand my circle of GJ boaters.
Old 07-12-2005   #6
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
I hope you met one of the kayakers when you got your boat. Currently Im in Estes Park for the summer, sorry about that. Ill give you a ring when I get back to school though.

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #7
Denver via GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I am also a newbie boater from GJ (cant offer much advice, but could take up extra space on the river). Have a few friends who are getting back into it too. 5th street has been great, but only made it twice (last time was 11th. bjett - did we meet you there or is there a jesse-d). Afraid 5th might be gone for the year unless some of the waves are still standing at the center.

If you want to get out for some town runs or go check out 5th street post me a line. Would also like to give Shoshone a shot this summer, if I am not too much of a rookie.
-k- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005   #8
Bugtussle, Kentucky

Haven't hit 5th st. yet, wasn't me. But I have a feeling we'll meet sometime this summer...maybe we can round up some of these other noobies and make a few trips to Glenwood in August.

Drop me an email anytime you folks want a road trip.