Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-30-2006   #1
New to CO...looking to do the Ark this weekend

Just moved to Co from Atlanta...back east I was a solid class IV boater. Not sure what that translates to as an out west boater...going with my fiancee and a couple of her friends this weekend t the Ark...not sure what section to choose fr the or my self for that matter....they are renting duckys...all experienced (supposedly...not sure, don't know a couple of them) but my fiancee is experienced and againafor her bak east was a solid clas III+ boater....any suggestions or inf is appreciated! Hope to see you in the next eddy!

sabletj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #2
Look at Browns Canyon or Parkdale. Both can be fun for you, but easy enough for the duckies.

dlcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #3

you might be bored on browns if you are a class IV boater from back east, but with duckies, the potential for carn is prob high on numbers or the Gorge. But on the other hand i paddled brown's yesterday and i was surprised about how much play i found. Numbers is really fun right now, maybee ditch the duckies the next day and hit it up.
MikeDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #4
Send a message via AIM to RAH225
im goin to do the ark this weekend too, browns, numbers, and probably some play parks. its my first time out there so it should be fun
RAH225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #5
C. Springs, Colorado
I'd do Browns first and then step it up to do the Numbers or Royal Gorge. There will be plenty of private rafters in Browns in case the duckiers feel it's over their head or they get tired of swimming.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote