Old 11-03-2006   #11
bigger boat

hey the Agent looks sick and am looking forward to getting in and taking one for a spin but i paddle with a jackson superstar and love it i am a pretty big guy and it has endless comfort qualities, not sure about the new superstars but from what they are saying they are going to have even more room and look like a sick boat
good luck

kayakgawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #12
Wydaho, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1996
Look at a large Fluid Flirt. Plenty of room for legs, knees and feet. I'm 6'6" with 13's and a 37" inseam.

dvanhouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #13

I think for the big boys out there, there are a couple of great new choices about to hit the market. The aforementioned Ronin joins a small group of boats that really do accommodate BIG guys. I think Fluids designs are there too - very roomy even in the smaller sizes.
I was fortunate to get to paddle all three sizes of the Agent, thanks to some lowly friends in lower places, as it went through development. The one thing I found to be consistent throughout was how spacious the thing was. I could paddle the smallest one for long periods of time withot ANY discomfort, though the 6.2 would be the right size for me (I'm 5'10 - 16. The 6.4 seems to be carrying that same theme in it's design and I think it's going to work out well for you big fellas.

Bottom line, get your ass in the boats and try them first.
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #14
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw

The entire "Star" line for Jackson was kicked up just a tad in size and also design for 07. They won't be available till probably late Feb maybe March, but I will have them at the pool sesh's in/around denver/summit when they do start to ship.

Jackson has a 3 year lifecycle of all hulls and although hard to believe... They are in their 4th year and that means time for a new facelift!

We are going to do a "Shooting Star" this year. this is going to be a fun1 (small kids) freestyle boat and because of that we are going to kick the Star/Allstar/SuperStar sizes up a tad. The result should allow up to size 14-15 shoes and up to 6.6 with no problem in the SS.

Also this year, will be the new Fun series, and new Rocker series. Punk Rocker, Rocker, and Mega Rocker...

Hope all is well with the buzzards these days.. winter is a creep'n in!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #15
Any thoughts as to user friendliness for 6'4" 230'ish size 13w 36 inseem in terms of; comfort ease of rolling beginning play other than old school basics ?One problem I've had is that I can fit ok with no shoes at the pool but can't fit with a soled bootie.

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote