Old 04-27-2005   #1
new paddler trips???

That is the reason my g/f and I joined CWWA to meet new paddlers and people that don't mind going with new paddlers, I don't think that many of the people we were watching out at Mizer's demo last night would be interested in paddling Deckers with me.

I believe that from a retail stand point the drop out of new boaters is not the cost of the sport but due to the lack of boaters to play with at your current level of comfort, I've meet several people that have told me "yea I learned to Kayak but I don't go anymore, don't know anyone to boat with/the people I boated with got better than me." That is the biggest reason for Diver dropout in SCUBA the shops have to deal with.

How many of the shops do begginer paddling trips or do they leave that to the clubs.

You will be hearing from us Lauren in a few weeks, I'd be getting out the plastic bag and duct tape if the g/f would let me.

Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #2
Web Developer/Programmer
maybe but

I found last year that I paddled quite often with kayakers who are much better than me. I think there are a lot of boaters out there who just really love the sport and want to get people involved.

Anyways, I'm not good, but I've run deckers and I'd be happy to run it with you.

I met you a few weeks ago at Union, ended up swimming it late the next day. Very cold.

Damn I Look Good.
l-dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #3
Hey Leo
Havent been paddling much, since then I hurt my hand and as you read It got cut on I let you know when I can come out and play!!!
Old 04-27-2005   #4
Both my wife and I are beginner kayakers and would love to meet up with some other beginners. The folks that got us into the sport are fun, but like heavier stuff than we can handle. Shoot me an email...
cookler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #5
student, 4CRS
Paddling Since: 2004
whats up iam a sold class 3 paddler looking to boat as much as possible
give me a shout if your looking for someone to boat with nick 9703087031
paddlehead21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #6
good to hear

I'm glad some people are willing to paddle with a newbie on a 2-2+ river, can't wait to get my stitches out of my palm and start rehab so the G/F will let me go out and play again.
You all will be hearing from me soon.
Old 04-28-2005   #7
Boulder, Colorado
I'm in too!!!

Hey all,
Nice to see there are so many class 2/3 boaters out there It seems like most of the people who post on these forums are hard core creekers or playboaters. I had no idea!! I'm a class 3 boater with no roll (for those of you who haven't already read my posts!), I'd like to add myself to the list on this forum too! I'm putting together an e-mail list of beginner/intermediate boaters so we can contact each other for trips. anyone who wants to get on the list send me an e-mail at Ras what's your e-mail address?

Camiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #8
Lakewood, Colorado
I would love to kayak with other beginners. I have my roll down and have been on the river a few times. Please put me on the email list.

melcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #9
Portland OR
Send a message via AIM to whyseth
My GF is just getting into the sport this year. We have done a couple runs, but nothing major. She is trying to get her role dialed in, so that somewhat limits us. I am going to be gone most of the summer in Idaho guiding and would love to help her find people to paddle with around here. Drop me an e-mail
whyseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #10
I am a solid class 3 boater I have run Several runs on the Poudre bridges lower mish. filter plant, also browns canyon, waterton canyon... so on, would be interested in running a few slower paced runs this season to work on my technique. Would also be more then happy to help out some newbies.

kkeane7 is offline   Reply With Quote