Mountain Buzz banner

New Liquid Logic boat - Flying Squirrel!

10K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  RiverWrangler 
#1 ·
People have been asking so finally I'm allowed to post some beta. I got a chance to paddle the last prototypes of the Flying Squirrel this spring in the southeast and this thing is awesome. The Squirrels are a direct evolution of the Remix series. The 85 is based off of the Remix 69 hull and cockpit and the 95 is based on the Remix 79. I paddle the 69 on everything and loved the 85. It has the length and speed of the Remix but the volume of a creek boat, with really good stability and a little more rocker up front. The way it comes out of drops is unbelievable. Super smooth and very very fast. This is definitely my ideal all around boat and what a lot of people were clamoring for on the LL Facebook age #automaticforthepeople.

Specs:

Flying Squirrel 95 is 8' 11" 3/4 long, 26.5 wide, 95 gallons

Flying Squirrel 85 is 8' 10" long, 25.5" wide, 85 gallons

Here's a shot of Adriene Levknecht with a Flying DeLavergne in the Flying Squirrel.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Definitely will not be replacing the Remix. The Remix will still have it's place for me. On big water I have a feeling I'll still prefer the Remix, I love the way it handles and I actually like the smaller volume for ducking into and under giant holes and waves. The stern of the Remix fondly referred to as the power pad, can be a problem for steep and low volume drops - if you end up in the back seat you will ender but I also love how you can load it up and accelerate out of drops and into eddies. I've gotten used to it but for steep creeking the Squirrel is going to out perform the Remix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.