Old 10-10-2012   #1
Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2004
New Interactive Map for PNW Whitewater

As the list of trip-reports on Wheels & Water has increased over time, I've been working on another way for anyone visiting the site to search through this ever-expanding list. With that, I present the new interactive Wheels & Water Whitewater Map (powered by Google maps):

Whitewater Map - Google Maps

With this custom map overlay, you will be able to find any of my whitewater trip-reports by simply clicking on the corresponding pushpin for either the put-in or take-out of that run. I have also added a link to the gauges I use for determining the flow for that particular river/creek. Probably one of my favorite features is the ability to get directions to the put-in/take-out through the power of Google Maps this is especially nice with a smartphone that has GPS/turn by turn navigation.

In addition to the link above, his map can also be found at the bottom of the page on my blog, or on the sidebar near the top (under "Interactive Maps").

Although this information is geared toward runs on the west coast, I'm hoping it will prove to be a valuable resource for not only the locals, but also those who are on a road trip over here or planning to in the future -- we'd love to share our water with ya!

Wheels & Water

Nate Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #2
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Sicko bro that could be of use if you forget a book.. Nice work Nate that a understatement, above and beyond. Would love to come run some shit with you guys this fall.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote