Old 08-29-2005   #1
need WFR

Living in Laramie, WY need a WFR for springtime boating. Let me know if you know where to get one in CO or WY.

chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #2
Wilderness Medicine Institute in Pitkin. CO
(970) 641-3572

also check your messages for further info

CoreyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #3
I got my WFR through Wilderness Medical Associates at Crested Butte Outdoor Center and can highly recommend them. There are a couple classes coming up in Crested Butte in September per their schedule:

I'd check into the class my Jeff Issac if possible. He's a great instructor and literally wrote the book.
ericF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #4

I know the outdoor rec dept. offers a WFR in the spring here in Laramie.
I don't know how early you need it. They offer it in March. You can check the outdoor adventure bulletin or ask them in their office in half acre.

On another note I am going to run Bluegrass this weekend. You can get me at 745-0745 or

get a hold of me.

sdonham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #5
Boulder, Colorado
I got my WFR with First Lead. Their website is and they have a course in Golden on November 12-20 this year. cost is $595 and they were GREAT!

I highly recommend them- I took my course in November of 2003 and I feel I could handle just about any wilderness emergency.... within reason.

Check them out! It's a small company and the owner does the instruction- His name is Peter Muckerman and here's the writeup of his credentials from the website.

The primary instructor for the course is Peter Muckerman. Peter is an accomplished trainer; a Wilderness EMT-B, an EMT Instructor, and is past medical director for an experimental education/wilderness adventure therapy program for youths where he assisted and treated dozens of patients in the backcountry each week. Also, he is a veteran First Aid Instructor for the American Red Cross.
Hope that helps! Golden is probably 2-2 1/2 hours or so from Laramie so it's not TOO far.

Camiona is offline   Reply With Quote