Old 09-08-2015   #11
fat guy in a little boat
FtC / Rancho del Rio, Colorado
Paddling Since: 8AM
x2 on splitting wood- if it gets cold wherever you live. it'll get you in shape really quick, too...

when i was 9 i bought a decent lawnmower from a garage sale and learned how to fix it it.
not only did i make a bunch of money mowing lawns, but pretty soon i was fixing mowers for everyone in the neighborhood.

take those odd jobs wherever you can get 'em, lil dude!!
and paddle as much as you can before you actually have to get a real job!!

alright, so who's gonna start up a gofundme page for this kid??? i got 10bucks on it

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
- Spicoli
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015   #12
Lakewood, Colorado
Originally Posted by the_white_water_rage View Post
What state?
Colorado. Before that I sorted sports cards at a local shop. Also sold newspaper subscriptions door to door and did the yard work thing. Good luck! There's work if you want it.

mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015   #13
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Maybe before you knock on doors you should ask your parents for suggestions on people they might know. If you do knock on doors and Jared from Subway answers, run!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015   #14
Pullman, Washington
Paddling Since: 92
Pet sitting is a good gig too, someone has to look after the critters while the rest of us are on the rivers. Paid over $300 bucks the last time I was on a trip for a couple of visits a day, walk/play time etc and that was way cheaper than sticking her in a kennel in a strange environment.
wshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015   #15
Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
It amazes me that I never have nor see any young'uns shoveling snow, mowing lawns , cutting wood or raking leaves anymore around the neighborhood (or playing outside for that matter). That's how my friends and I made $$ growing up. Most of us were too poor to get an allowance or anything so this was it.

I've often thought if just one teen would get the gumption to do so around here they would make a killing....especially for the prices that the normal landscaping/lawncare outfits are quoting these days.
2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015   #16
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2011
Find a riding tractor based snow blower and get contracts to clear your neighborhood driveways in the morning after a big snow.
desertSherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015   #17
If you have $300 in your pocket you can get a used boat right now! You don't need a brand new boat. Start cheap and used and after you really get into the sport you'll know better what you really want, and have more money by then to splurge. Actually, I have a nice income and STILL only buy used worthless boats, as many of my friends can attest to....
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015   #18
Thanks for the ideas! I will defiantly take them and use them.

the_white_water_rage is offline   Reply With Quote