Old 03-31-2008   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I don't think the driving distance is a big deal over a 2-week trip if you want to see those places. Just break it down to a series of 2-3 hour drives between regions. You could start from Durango, then to Taos, to the Ark and on to the Front Range, for example.

Scratch the Encampment, because it will most likely be snowed out and IS in fact too far from the others, IMHO. I doubt you'll be able to get to Oh-Be that early without a snowmobile this year either, so I wouldn't count on going to Crested Butte. You can always redirect if that turns out not to be the case. CC of the Ark would also be questionable.

If you do make it to Taos, definitely add the Embudo to your list, and if you get to the Front Range, I'd add the South Saint Vrain and a bit of the Poudre...

I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...learn to swim!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with planning a hut to hut trip JakeH Whitewater Kayaking 2 11-07-2006 11:38 AM
GC Trip Planning richp Whitewater Kayaking 15 11-05-2006 08:36 AM
Need Advice planning Poudre Trip (6 24/25) heliodorus04 Kayaking | Trip Planner 7 06-06-2006 11:10 AM
I am planning a trip from Georgia to Colorado...need Advice. gorman1 Whitewater Kayaking 5 05-18-2004 01:11 PM
anyone planning a ww trip mid/end may?? jhwyen Whitewater Kayaking 1 03-26-2004 10:40 PM

» Classified Ads
Perception's Corsica...

posted by ARraces

Perception's Corsica Overflow WHITEWATER Kayak....

2016 Dagger Nomad...

posted by atom

2016 Dagger Nomad LG Used as intended but tons of life...

2014 Rockstar Jackson...

posted by Scardenas95

Great shape, excellent boat!