Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-01-2010   #1
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
NEED HELP from the Eagle County boaters community!!

Here is what is happening. Team River Runner Kayaking for Wounded Warriors and Their Families | Team River Runner A non-profit organization which brings disabled vets into the world of white water kayaking is having a group of veterans come out to our great state to finalize their pool training and learning program in some of the best white water in the nation.

My problem is this. I am trying to secure housing for all these Veterans for the three days they will be in Eagle county. I have been speaking with Vail Resorts to have them housed in the empty employee housing in Avon. This is not finialized and all my other contingency plans have been exhausted. I am looking for a back up plan and anyone that might have a connection to help me house these Veterans for these three days. I am fairly confidant that Vail Resorts will help me pull though on this but I am not one to not have a back up plan as I know a "plan" only lasts until the first shot is fired.

Here are the details for anyone that might have a connection with something that would be of assistance.

-Sunday June 20: participants arrive Denver airport, Lodging in Winter Park, Colorado
-Monday June 21 thru Wednesday - Paddling in Upper Colorado area ,Loding in Winter Park
-Wednesday, June 23, overnight stay river trip (Upper Colorado)
-Thursday, Friday June 24, 25 Paddling and lodging in the Eagle, Vail, Beaver Creek areas (TBD)
-Saturday June 26 Last day paddling, lodging near airport near Denver, Colorado (tenative, location TBD)
-Sunday June 27 Flights home from Denver airport

Again as I've stated I am praying and have confidence in Vail Resorts to help me, but I want a Just in case clause. Please let me know if you think there is anything you can do to help. I thank you for reading this post.
please email me with any information you might have.

" This is the perfect war. They want to die, and we want to kill them".
Sgt Maj Henry Bergeron USMC:
DragonUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #2
Have you tried HATS ( high altatude training center in Eagle) at the airport. They may have lodging options for your guys. I'm interested in supporting this event on some of the days. I'm sending you an email.

I peed in your pool. Yayyyyy!
soylent green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #3
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Just an update if anyone wanted to know...

Houseing has been secured at Beaver Creek Employee housing thanks to Vail Resorts!

Thanks for all the help everyone!
" This is the perfect war. They want to die, and we want to kill them".
Sgt Maj Henry Bergeron USMC:
DragonUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote