Old 09-04-2007   #1

does anyone out there for have any suggestions for:

1.rigging a DVX100 (mid- size DVcam) or similar sized video camera in waterproof housing to the deck of a creek boat. preferably no physical changing of the boat; deck or hull.

2. what type of housing manufacturers are making good stuff right now.

i'll shooting some footage in W.V. in early october and any help would be greatly appreciated!

zanester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #2
on your sister, ...
it would help if you listed a price range or if money is no object. pro quality housings are serious $$$$ otherwise ewa housings will have to do.

tuberslickmysweatyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #3
Web Developer/Programmer
I was watching a behind the scenes episode of Deadliest Catch. After breaking like five cameras the camera guy made his own housing out of a pelican case. since you won't be able to operate the controls once it is mounted anyways you could prolly get away with just cutting out a lens port. Not sure what to make that out of. I guess acrylic or glass. Anyways just a thought until someone who actually knows what they are talking about chimes in.
Damn I Look Good.
l-dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #4
DIllon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Go to B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders and you will find everything ou need. You may not find a houseing for that camera it may be easier to buy a under water rig and housing they start at arround $1600 for a good Sony. As far as the boat goes I would be willing to drill and fill with silicone. You could always use a Jones cam and gaffer tape and keep the camera in the boat with you. There are a few options, Im building a rig like this for next summer, if we have a good snow season and money permits.
2 Trailer Park Girls Go Round The Out Side!! "M"
shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #5
Intern, get me a Campari.
Breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Try industrial strength velcro. It works way better than straps or anything else that I've tried and it works well in the water. After purchasing loads of video equipment, the best thing I have used to shoot in the water is a Sony Cybershot w70 ($200 now) with a $100 marine housing. All camera functions are available with the housing and Cybershots shoot 30fps in fine mode which is fantastic for a point and shoot camera. It is also light and compact so I don't even notice it on my helmet or body. Check out the video on my profile or go to youtube and search "deckers south platte" for more videos I have shot with that combo. All video quality has been reduced to around 100mb on the internet but it really looks sharp when displayed in it's original FINE MODE at home on the tele

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.
Palirider13 is offline   Reply With Quote