Old 10-18-2007   #1
saluda, North Carolina
nate seeby

does anyone know what happened? found a link to his obituary.

floodbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Could you include the link?

I heard accidental, self-inflicted gunshot wound, but that is a third hand rumour at best.

Nice guy; the world will miss him. Condolences to his wife and kids.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #3
DP/ Cinematographer
DP - cinematographer, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
Details are not very clear and not too important at this point. I think it was ruled an accident. We lost a great guy that's what matters. He had really gotten his life together and was moving forward. In fact Nate would probably be out there paddling some gnar right now calling us all out for yappin'on the Buzz, if he hadn't hurt his back. I'll miss his hillarous comments, big goofy ears, and his laugh!

Rest in Peace Nate

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #4
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
Nathan was a cool cat. We paddled Lime Creek at higher water, and he was paddling a Frankenstein. He went real deep off Adrenaline and when he came up he pulled off this rear 720 pirouette and his eye's were huge with a big smile and he says "Holy Shit, that was awesome". Last time I saw him was at Union ST. a few years ago. He was ripping up on the bottom wave, big smile, in his element. Sitting in the eddy catching up with him was fun.I always looked forward to seeing him in Durango when he passed through, he always had some great stories. I'll miss all that. Peace.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #5
saluda, North Carolina

Here is the link. Haven't crossed paths with Nate in years, but everytime I have was always entertaining.........

OBITUARIES - The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News Classifieds

floodbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #6
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Total bummer. Some great memories with Nate. I had no idea this happened. I have no idea what to say. This is so sad to hear.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #7
Shit. Wasn't expecting to hear this news. Nate was by far one of my biggest influences as a younger kayaker in CO. When I was 16 and had dreams of being a pro-kayaker, he believed in me, even if there wasn't such a thing. I remember the winter westy trips where I first met him, crashing on his couch when I came to paddle on the front range. He even would call me out when I portaged Rigo when I was older, but didn't hesitate to sneak me into the bars that night. I remember that I felt so proud to be on the "Riot Team" but really, I was just proud to paddle for him. Although he didn't fit the profile, he was one of the better mentor's I had at that age. I'll miss you nate.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote