Old 03-23-2007   #1
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Mystery flow into Waterton?

Does anyone have a visual on the NF South Platte. 784cfs in Waterton with only 338 cfs in SF South Platte + 0 cfs in the NF just doesn't add up. Bailey maybe? 285 travelers hook us up with a visual plllleeease.

Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #2
Boulder, Colorado
I was up there yesterday maybe 150-200 is coming outta foxton.

tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #3
Snowmass, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
I drove by Foxton today (Saturday). You could float a boat through the boulder garden, but it would be rough. I doubt there's enough in Bailey.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)
earthNRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #4
student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
i bet theres more water coming out because they havn't turned the gauge on?????????
you know sometimes i wish i would have chosen something like baseball but, i didn't and i'm a kayaker so this is what i do." -Nick Turner (Wehyakin)
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #5
Good question! Looking at the USGS site for the North Fork at Bailey, it looks like they quit using the site on January 31 of this year. I could be wrong about this, but I think that they're only using the site at Pine above elk creek now and also the site at Grant. I'm not sure where Grant is, so I don't know if that would more closely represent the discharge at Bailey or if the site at Pine is more representative. The NF South Platte at Pine has 131 cfs as of Sunday morning, so it sounds like Bailey may not be a good option. As for the extra water, I have no idea other than tributary streams on the South Fork South Platte and possibly a small amount of water on the North Fork tributaries above Waterton Canyon.
cemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #6
we did waterton today, and there is way more than 360 coming in from the SF. Foxton looked to be about 200cfs.

N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote