Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-16-2005   #1
My Wallet/Phone/Clothes etc were stolen at BTO

Yesterday between 2:00p.m. and 2:45p.m. someone broke my window and ransacked my car. At 2:55p.m. the guy bought gas at Teds Place with my credit card. Then for the next two hours, while I was on the river, he rang up $1,300 worth of charges on the card. I lost my phone, perscription glasses my hero DVDs of the Upper Gauley my dry clothes, my headlamp and my faith in humans (at least for tonight). I spent the night tracking down this f*cker and I think, because he seemed to end his spending spree about the time I was off the river, he may know we leave our cars up there with valuables in them (next time they'll be with me where it is safe on the river). After interviewing some of the people in Wal-Mart and K-mart the description of the perpitrator is as follows.
Young: Late teens, early twenties
Hispanic, 5'9", Shaved head, a tatoo on his neck and one of dice on the back of one of his hands which appears homemade. He is very skinny or gangly apearing almost akward. He got such a good take from me I fear he will try it again. Take the proper precautions with your valuables because the theives are among the willows. If you see a guy who looks like this call the cops and please don't let this happen to you. The only safe place is on the water where the bastards can't, or wouldn't dare, swim.

farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #2
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Bummer bro... I will be sure to keep my eye on him. Did you go to the poloice? I am sure you did, but if someone see's this guy it would be good to know that if we call the police on him that they are going to have a record and hopefully some finger prints.

BTW, where is BTO? I am assuming on the Poudre...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #3
I feel some of your pain. Losing your dry clothes is the pits. Some f***ers stole our mountain bikes and other such things our of our garage Sunday night. Not as big of a loss as yours.
Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #4
The Larimer County Sherriff knows about this and is very helpful. The Fort Collins cops don't seem to care so call the Sherriff.
farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #5
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002

Sorry to hear about your stuff. We were taking out of Bridges around that time. I didn't see anything, but I'll e-mail our group and see if anybody else did.

lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #6
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
Somone should run a sting on this piece of shit, hide out in the bushes or something for a while, Then beat the living hell out of him. It'd be worth him doin it, to catch him in the act and give him the beatin of his life.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #7
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
This motherf-er deserves a good curb stompin for sure. This shit happens every summer since i've lived in Colorado. When I worked at eldo, this happened a bunch. Guys were smashin and grabbin then takin the card to big electronics stores, goin on sprees. The thieves also called someone in Vegas and used the Credit cards to make bets and do other shit. More than once i've came up on a car that just got it's windows smashed in. Everybody needs to be really observative, take notice and look around you. Is there someone sitting in a car just scopin out the scene, are there people driving by slowly scopin it out, take notice. I think about this shiat everytime I lock my car. I dont take my wallet with me anymore or anything valuable for that matter. I'm ranting cause this shit pisses me off so much, we all need to just look out for each other in more ways than one on the river.
ps-if anyone catches them, hogtie em with your throwrope until I arrive!!
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #8
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo
Simply put....this guy is a spineless shit stain.
tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #9
Thanks for the heads up...

I will leave as much of my valuables at work when I head up there. There is only so much you can leave behind although.

I agree with the previous post about being aware of people scoping out the parking areas. I will make sure I look around, and If I see something
I don’t like, I'm talking down plate numbers. I will MAKE SURE THEY SEE ME DOING IT AS WELL.

I had this happen to me while at a climbing area. If you have never had it happen to you, you’re lucky, but if you have, then you understand the RAGE it produces.

Peace - Out
bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #10
Running the hair/super hair/gnar
ill be hiding in the trees these next few weeks looking out for hoodlums who wanna get the beat by a banana-eating monkey boy

MONKEY#1 is offline   Reply With Quote