Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-17-2005   #11
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Take Some Actions

This happened to my wife's car, in an apartment complex. They got a collection of about 200 CDs, change from the ash tray, etc. The cops said this type of crime is on a serious rise and it is best not to have anything of value (mainly cell phones, electronics, wallet) in your car and don't subject yourself to identity theft by leaving registration, license, etc. The cops also said if you follow their advice about the valuables it is really a toss up whether you should just club your steering wheel and leave your doors unlocked because otherwise you'll just be paying to replace a smashed in window. This is tough for me to swallow being a lifetime resident of Colorado because to me, this has only gotten bad in the past few years.

My bro lived in Phoenix for a while - he was going to school down there. He had three car break-ins in less than a year and lost three stereos, plus other stuff before saying F**K this place. What's my point here??? I think it is going to get a lot worse and I'm probably going to stir up some controversy here but here goes... For every honest and hard working illegal immigrant from Mexico that comes across our borders, you can bet some percentage of scum bag is coming also. Just look to Arizona, California and Texas for the proof. It's a huge problem. I hope some day I don't have to say F**K this place to Colorado. I know I'm gonna catch some sh*t for this post but call your congress members, write them urge them to close our borders to illegal immigration, includes Canada, too.

One idea I had is to bolt one of those fireproof strong boxes into my vehicle. They are cheap and have enough room for a wallet, cell phones, detachable face, etc.

Good luck to catching this guy but don't tar and feather him unless you want to go to jail. Just detain him.

TimWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #12
Wrong group Mr. Garrison

I think the wrong group of people is being blamed for this. The problem isn't immigrants. It's people with tattoos. I have a brother who lived in Tattoo City for a year and his car was broken into 23 times! He moved to Kansas and hasn't been broken into once. Look at the prisons. They're full of tattooed criminals. Criminals have tattoos. People with tattoos are criminals. I think we should deport everyone who has a tattoo. Does this sound stupid? It's the same logic as Walker's, except instead of risking being labeled a racist dumbass, I only risk being labeled a clueless dumbass.

deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #13
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
He's got ya there, hey. Still, they deserve the beatin of a lifetime if you catch em. Lets not forget what this post is about... severely beatin mexicans with tattoo's who break into cars.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #14
Web Developer/Programmer
Philly is much worse

I moved here from Philly two years ago. First week here someone smashed my window. My thought was cool, that ain't so bad. That was all that ever happened to me or my friends here in CO.

My two years in Philly stats:
Roomate: Car stolen once.
Fiance: Tire Slashed/Windows Busted/Ignition removed(one incident)
Sister: Car Stolen twice. Plus three times in DC.
Self: Truck set on fire. I moved to CO 1 month later.

Damn I Look Good.
l-dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #15
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
oh snap...sounds like philly gotta problem with the blacks. I wonder if their affiliated with the tattooed criminals of Tattoo City?? Filthy criminiminals
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #16
Web Developer/Programmer
I think philly gots the problem with the crack-heads. Although the fire was just behind a Tattoo studio. deepstroke was right. It is the tattoo crimnals.
Damn I Look Good.
l-dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #17
My bro' and I did our annual beer float town run Sunday,from c470 to 8th ave(yes way too much flatwater) when we got to the take out at frog hollow his window was smashed and stereo stolen ,we were already pissed off because some little punks were throwing rocks at us a little before the take out.I exchanged heated words and threatened to kick thera asses but managed to restrain myself.They were a baseball team of teenage Mexicans,some racist shit crossed my mind, and Iam a die hard lefty and avid fan of Mexico and Central America and thier peoples,I guess it just human nature when you're pissed.Speaking of stealing and Mexico, who was it that STOLE half thier country?Whos been ripping off thier resources for two centuries?These punks needed a beat down because they were punks not because of thier race!
I like GAPERS suggestion about laying a trap , I can't wait to see the fear in thier eyes when my 6'4"
235 lb. ex -kickboxer ass lays a size 13 upside thier thieving heads several dozen times!

ps I hope it's a REPUBLICAN not a Mexican,thats where my true prejudice lies, but probably not since they mostly commit white collar and war crimes.
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #18
Also Pink Floyd at 950 -1000 cfs was schweeeet!The wave is super fast and wants to violently evict you,but when you find the sweetspot its most excellent.
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #19
I could think of a couple hundred dudes that match the discription almost perfectly, however none of them did it, they all have a alibi, at least for THIS crime.
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #20
not only tatoos.....I don't trust people with extreme body piercings.

oops.....sorry Ed.

Couple of thoughts on this thread. I feel that if you have to leave your vehicle where you expect breakins, just leave the doors unlocked. Better yet, leave the door slightly open with an empty pistol holster in the seat with a couple of 45 caliber bullets laying there. This may give the theives a little something extra to think about.

Also, be careful with the asswhoopings. You could end up with a criminal record yourself. If you set up a sting.....just hold the culprit for the lawdogs.

tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote