Old 06-20-2015   #1
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Multiple New Strainers on Shelly's

If Boulder County does not get input Monday night at the ProvinhPublic Input meeting night from the kayak community,

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015   #2
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Oops accidentally hit send but...

Attendee input at Monday night's public meeting for redevelopment of the NSV stretch along Longmont Dam Road (bottom of Proving Grounds through Shelly's) is the LAST chance to change the County's plan of setting 8+ foot in diameter root balls with up to 20 foot long trunks up and down the river in an attempt to fortify the banks and create fish habitat. To me one of the sketchiest parts of this plan is that in many of the installs (when the trunk is not long enough for the root ball to be secured in place through burial) metal cables will be used to secure the structure.

To be very clear, this is not a concept being vetted by Boulder County; it is something already being implemented as anyone who has run Apple Valley post flood can attest.

Our only chance to stop this insanity is for as many members of the kayak community as possible to attend Monday's meeting and speak up.

The meeting is Monday night at 5 pm at Roger's Hall in Lyons. It is open to the public and the last opportunity for public comment on the subject.

canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015   #3
longmont, Colorado
Where are examples on the apple valley run? I haven't noticed them, but I'll be there tomorrow and will keep an eye out.

burros is offline   Reply With Quote