Old 02-10-2006   #21
Hey newby, what part of the SE are you in?

dlcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #22
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Originally Posted by dlcrow
Hey newby, what part of the SE are you in?
ha - he's going to change his mind about moving so he can be near newby. :P

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #23
You will enjoy CO, just watch out for the redneck landowners

Colorado is a great place to boat, if you don't mind redneck landowners who think just because the river runs through it they own the damn water. Hook up with some locals, enjoy the Ark for your first season with a few trips thrown in to a couple of other fun places (Lake Fork of the Gunnison, Taylor, Taos Box (if it runs), upper Rio Grand (not hard but god is it beautiful back there) are all in your neck of the state. Lots of other fun stuff up north and out west. Just the places nearby should give you enough to last you a summer. Hell, the Ark alone could keep a III-IV boater happy for a summer. Granite/Pine Creek, Numbers, Fractions, Frog Rock, Bueni Play Park, Milk Run, Brown's Canyon, Salida Hole, Rincon, FIBARK, Cottonwood, Texas Creek, Pinnacle Rock, Parkdale and the Royal Gorge and your own play park right in Pueblo has everything you might want and maybe then some.

Welcome and have fun, be safe and register to vote, we need voting boaters to keep our rivers open and free.
CORiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #24
All this talk about stealing water and Hummers and Escalades has made me rethink my decision, that and newby in the SE. I won't be coming out to CO. Just can't stand the thought of depriving some CO local out of what's rightfully theirs; water, the front range, the western slope, its all too much for me to handle.

Oh, wait a minute, that's not right. I am still coming out and can't wait to get there. Looking forward to meeting some great people and enjoying some beautiful scenery. I'll be in touch in a few weeks to hook up for some paddling. And thanks for all the great information.

dlcrow is offline   Reply With Quote