Moving to Colorado - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-09-2010   #11

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
If music is your thing then Denver or Boulder is going to work better for you. Fort Collins doesn't have a music scene what so ever, the Aggie sucks. If you don't want that big of a city then live in Golden and drive to D town for the tunes.

yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010   #12

Ft. Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob729 View Post
So I am wondering what are some good paddling towns/cities to consider moving too, that would also have a good music scene and a pretty active community. I know its a lot to ask for, but if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Good paddling towns? The paddling season around here (Fort Collins) is only about 3 months that's including some low water paddling that some people dont even bother with. I think if paddling is your thing there are certainly better places to live with more water... If you dont believe me check the flows for this summer (an exceptional year) on the poudre:
Rock Reports | Poudre Rock Report
afox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010   #13

Golden, Colorado
If you hated Gunnison I wouldn't move all the way out here. But that is just me.

You sound like you need to be entertained. Totally reminds me of Nirvana's "Teen Spirit". You sound like you need a city. I wouldn't move to Colorado for a city. Most of the paddlers on the Front Range wish they lived in the mountains, in some place like Gunnison or Crested Butte, but they can't get a job there because they are all in the city so they live in the city and make do.

What is wrong with NC? "bored with it"??? NC has tons of paddling, you have the best surf on the East Coast. I think it would be crazy to move all the way to Colorado if you don't like small-town Colorado. Not sure what you are looking for, but it doesn't sound like creeks and mountains.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote