Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-16-2009   #1
all over colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Moving back to colorado glenwood springs area..The job market sucks..any ideas

So iam and my lady we are moving back to co before next summer..anyways were looking at glenwood springs area butg from what i hear the job market is terrible there..anyone have any ideas or any input on this rumor.

mtnkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #2
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
all depends what line of work you're lookin for and if you're willing to commute.... everyone i know here in town has been able to find work pretty easily

"Only the boring get bored...."
ldemuth6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #3
mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
The toughtest part isn't getting a job or finding a place. It's being there for the long haul (finding a job that will pay you enough to afford a $500,000.00 and up house). Also, you have to like interstates (I-70 cuts right through town....you can throw a rock from the playpark and hit a car in the passing lane.)
caseybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #4
Boy Howdy!
Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
some of the house prices have dropped, there is alot avilable to rent, landlords are willing to negotiate now (there was an article in the g-wood post) you can find a job but it depends on what you do. My freinds who work have no problem holding their jobs but, it is not what it used to be like.
Good Luck!
pinemnky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #5
first of all thanks for all your input a big help for sure..second most of what i know is the automotive industry i was a tech for 6 years and a service writer for 2 my goal was to be a service manager and go from there but we all know how the automotive industry is right know. anyways im going to be looking seriousley for places here in the next few months and go from there we want to move back so bad we cant stand it but we have un finished buisness here that has to be taken care of first. thanks again
Old 09-17-2009   #6
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
Do you have a job in Golden? If you do, I would stay put until I pinned something down in Glenwood, but then again I'm fairly risk-averse when it comes to career moves.
craven_morhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #7
well my profile says golden thats simply becuase i have never updated it me and my lady lived in steamboat then golden for a while then we moved out to PA i know i know there is some good creeks around here though anyways were moving back we miss colorado way way too much.
Old 09-17-2009   #8
Carbondale, Colorado
You can buy a condo in Gwood in the low $200ks now and possibly get the $8,000 tax credit and the lowest interest rates ever. Currently there's 5 houses in GW under $300k. You can rent 2bd/2bth/2car garage condos for around $1200. I've got one that will be available Nov.1st.
Jobs??????? Kayaking!!!!!!!!!!

RJennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #9
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Uh, you wouldn't be a realtor, would you? Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #10
Carbondale, Colorado
Uhhhh...what gave it away? Sorry, I just get a bit excited that buyers and renters can actually afford to live here now. It's exciting times, especially for first time home buyers. FWIW, the condo I have for rent is my own not a clients.

RJennings is offline   Reply With Quote