Old 01-09-2006   #1

Hello Mountainbuzz…my name is Holley, and I’m Brian (Frenchy) Gardel’s wife. We have decided to add a couple of new elements to Mountainbuzz – merchandise, and a membership to 1% For The Planet. First allow me to introduce the merchandise:

o “The Creeker”—This comfy grey Hanes 50/50 cotton heavyweight hoodie will warm up those chilly bones once yer on dry land. Available in S, M, L, XL, and XXL. Sizes run a little bit large on these, so if you are between sizes, you might want to size down. Price: $37.50 + tax/shipping.

o “The MB-Wave” – If you can’t find the M-Wave, at least you can wear the MB-Wave. This heavyweight cotton tee is available in men’s M, L, XL, and XXL. Color, natural. Price: $17.50 + tax/shipping.

o The MB-Wave is also available in a women’s tee, sizes S, M, L, and XL. The style is a bit different from the mock-up shown. It is a white, soft scoop neck with a relaxed fit and a smaller graphic. Super cute! Price: $17.50 + tax/shipping.

This is our first run of shirts, and we hope to switch up the graphics by spring, as long as there is a demand for the threads. For now, we’re offering conventional cotton, but organic cotton is on the horizon…we’re researching prices, brands, etc, and hope to present those in our next run along with some different colors. I’m also looking into Powderbuzz beanies, and maybe a shirt or two.

We are proud to say that is now a member of 1% For The Planet. Brian saw Yvon Chouinard speak this fall and was inspired by Patagonia’s 1% program, so we decided to participate. From now on, 1% of all our proceeds will go to environmental organizations, starting with the American Whitewater Association.

To order, hit the tab called Threads on the navigation bar.

Thanks for supporting the site, and bring on the pow!

holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Awesome! Nice work on the gear.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
Steamboat, Colorado
Thanks man, appreciate that a lot!

Also, the shopping cart is custom built from scratch so if anyone tries to buy something and encounters any bugs, please let me know
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #4
Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts
i'm getting the first run for sure!
Alpine Arms
Team Dagger
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #5
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Holley!
Great job on the shirts, and awesome idea with the giving back factor.... if/ when you guys decide to incorporate new designs in the spring, hit me up: I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

Don't worry: I don't totally suck, and could even provide a "sort of" reference from right here on the 'Buzz. Best of luck with it!

(BTW, are you guys planning to add any other colors to your tee line? Having a big black lab who sheds alot generally means I can't get away with wearing alot of white clothing ....)
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #6
Hey thanks! So, yep we are planning to add other colors for the next run. We've been thinking about doing a black or navy hoodie with the same graphic (lighter colors), but honestly, I hadn't thought about tee-shirt colors yet. If you guys have suggestions, definitely let me know. Then by spring, we will introduce a new graphic...and I may hit you up for help on that!

Also, in regard to the 1% program -- we are starting with AWA, but I would like to split our donation between them and another organization...probably one that focuses on renewable energy. And I'd like it to be a Colorado-based org. 1% FTP will consider any organization as long as they "are bona fide environmental groups with a clear mission and objectives and a track record of effective environmental projects". If anyone knows of such an organization in CO that I should look into, please give me a heads up so I can research them.

Old 01-10-2006   #7
Maybe -

Nice work on the clothes! I was wondering when MB would go for fashion, a really good idea.
ebaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #8
Holley and Frenchy,
Nice looking graphics on that merch!

So I have to plug some friends. Good Peeps/CO Based. Check out the link below. If interested contact Marc Ross.

johnnewman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #9
Thanks to mtbuzz for joining 1%! That's great!
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #10
Wow, Rock The Earth is a great idea, I love that. Not exactly what I had in mind, but definitely worth considering. The CO Green Power has a lot of good info and links to other CO-based renewable energy orgs, which I will look more seriously into. Unfortunately, the others would not be candidates as the 1% program only supports non-profits.

Thanks so much for your suggestions! And I'm open to more...