Old 03-09-2005   #1
Mountain Miser 5th Annual KAYAK SWAP

It's about that time, another message from me, David Goodman, owner of Mountain Miser. This is always a weird time of year for me. The skiing is still fantastic, but as far as retail goes, its spring time. Our vendors have already shipped initial spring/summer orders and we have more flip flops in stock than ski boots...but the skiing is still so good. It makes me feel kind of department store'y.

So what do you do? In my opinion, you ski as much as possible and start generating some excitement about your upcoming hobby. Whether it's climbing, kayaking, mountain biking or hiking it's hard not to get some spring fever. It's 60 degrees outside today.

So all this chatter to plug our 5th annual Kayak Swap. It has grown every year and has quickly become one of the favorite events at The Miser. Many of you, including a bunch of my personal friends, have always thought about kayaking, but never got around to taking lessons and didn't have $1000 to buy all new stuff. And many of you who have been paddling for a bit did buy and now have 2-3 year old gear you wish was newer. So here is your opportunity. Turn your used gear into cash or credit so you can get the new stuff and give somebody an opportunity to get into the sport with great gear that has been used for as few seasons. The technology has changed so much in the last five years, if you start with anything older than that, you are just making it that much tougher to learn.

Come on down and see what you are missing. Our entire staff, our paddling team and many of the instructors will be there to help answer any questions and get you on the right path. For those of you drooling over the new stuff, most should be here by then. The flyer below gives all the details and don't hesitate to call or e-mail with questions.

David Goodman

mountainmiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #2
Are you selling your demos at the event?

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
---- Yoda
spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #3
hey spencer -- any demos that are left from last year will definitely be on sale, but there are not that many left. i do know a bunch of people getting rid of stuff though. a bunch of good first boats like a wavesport ez for $450, a dagger outlaw for $425 and some good 1st playboats as well. A liquidlogic pocket rocket for $550 and a newer pyranha s6f for $700.

anyway, i think there should be a bunch of stuff for all levels. you coming by?

Old 03-14-2005   #4
I have had a few questions about the hours for the swap, so here they are.

SAT: 10am-6pm
SUN: 11am-5pm

See you at the swap!
Old 03-16-2005   #5
Today is the day to start dropping off your gear for the swap. We'll take it today through Friday. Keep it coming. Call 303-761-7070 with any questions.

Swap starts 10am this Saturday, March 19th.
Old 03-18-2005   #6
We are getting a ton of stuff for the swap. There are several package deals.
There are also several new, used boats; kingpin, hucka, s6f, and others.

There is also a rack full of great deals on paddling gear; drytops, paddles, booties, etc...

See you Saturday and Sunday at the SWAP.
Old 03-20-2005   #7
Boats at the swap

What boats are still available at the swap? I'm looking for something for the lady...
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005   #8
There is a great deal on a:

Wave Sport Siren w/ the top of the line long sleeve dry-top, NEW PFD, NEW 7-2 Paddle, 2 skirts, Bomber Gear Bag, and a helmet for about $700.00 dollars.

A couple of good river runners; outlaw, Godzilla (sp), wave sport Z, and others.

A few new play boats; pocket rocket, space cadet, release, s6f.

There are also a couple of C-1s.

Thanks for coming down,