Old 03-24-2008   #1
Moenkopi Grand Canyon outfitter

There were some posts awhile back recommending Moenkopi Riverworks for outfitting a Grand Canyon trip. Anybody have any more recent experience with Brady Black and his services? Input good or bad would be great, thanks.

EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #2
Flagpole, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2010
Moenkopi is the best

I have rented from Brady Black for a while, He buys nice boats, mostly Avons and Maravias with pro frames. In fact Moenkopi Riverworks does not do anything on the cheap. Its good stuff and good people. I suggest an Icey Kool with the bottom frozen which Moenkopi can do. Have a good time on your trip!

coldandstupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #3
moenkopi is good

Moenkopi is an excellent outfitter. They know what they are doing, their equipment is new and very well maintained, and you can't beat their prices.
andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #4
We used Brady & co for shuttling last fall. Great service and prices, and very hospitable back at their "lot". They really made the shuttle painless and I would recommend to anyone.

chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #5
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Moenkopi outfitters

Our group went through Brady and Moenkopi for our trip down the Grand Canyon last April 2007. We did a 21-day trip from Lees Ferry to Lake Mead. Brady supplied three 18-foot rafts, equipment, and food for 16 people. All the logistics were handled very well and I would recommend them, i.e. I would use them again. The only thing I would warn against is to check the supply of food. In general I would say the menu was light and more than one night people went to bed hungry. I would say to definitely check them out but be sure to do your own checking into the menu and amount of whatever is provided.

Have a great trip!

ibyakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #6
Eldorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
I have known Brady for over 20 years. I have also boated, worked and run shuttles with him. He is the hardest working and most ethical person I know. A true self-made man and Grand Canyon veteran. You can expect nothing but honest, no bullshit service. He's also great fun on a private trip and always up for a night float.
M-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #7
Brady and co. are awsome. Really knows his shit and is a GREAT guy! Highly recommend him.
madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #8
Nederland, Colorado
Brady Black

I have only dealt with Brady he is a topnotch person very helpful and a man of his word. I went and checked the prices for other outfitters and they were much more expensive. All the gear I received from Brady was in great condition. He was there to get us at mead when he said and had ICE COLD BEER for us. I will use him for all my Canyon shuttles and gear rental. I highly recommend him.

yukonjack is offline   Reply With Quote