Old 07-03-2005   #1
Missoula? play park?

I know this is a Colorado forum and Missoula is in Montana. However, us backwoods folk up here in Montuckey don't have the sophisticated com network like you techno savy CO boaters. Anyways, if any of you more sophisticated surfers know anything about "Brennan's Wave" in Missoula, I am very curious to know if the apparently incompetent Missoula Whitewater Association was actually able to cut red tape in June. There was a June 30th deadline and I'm wondering if they got in under the wire. If you got the beta, please relate it.

MonsieurExtrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #2
Missoula, Montana
I heard from a friend of mine who works for the county that they did get the county permit. The state permit is still pending, but supposedly it's easier to get. I agree about with you about the incompetence part, to have the hard part like the money in place and then screw up the permitting process is asinine.

fredm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #3
Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
If you believe the association to be incompetent...

get involved and do something to help. I'm sure they would apperciate it.

My guess is the political landscape is still creating or no money.

The Gorge is better than any play park, anyway.
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #4
Just a quick update. Brennan's Wave in Missoula is complete. There are 3 features, only the low flow one is in right now....and it rocks! It will be interesting to see how the others shape up. Here are a few pics from a few days ago and also from construction.

Montana Manker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #5
"The Gorge is better than any play park, anyway."

Yeah its also 45 minutes outta town chachi!
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #6
Hey, I just moved up here.... I don't want to be labled as "backwoodsy". Montana is a great state with a great group of very competant boaters just like Colorado.
cemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #7
i just played the wave on sunday. it is real nice. low-angle cartwheels ok, could hit the ends on stone if vertical. needs just a tad more flow for the middle wave to come in. nice scene.
i love the gorge, but the play is sometimes frustrating if you are in a short boat. the old school boats rule the waves at many levels. i sat deep in the eddy in my kingpin watching the super egos play at triple bridges. same story at fang. attainment issues.
i just moved north last summer and thus am just transitioning to a backwoodsy redneck from a resort-town dooshebag. maybe i am actually a redneck dooshebag. (i had to check past posts to get the spelling right.)
mccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #8
Louisville, Colorado
"Yeah its also 45 minutes outta town chachi!"

you keep that in mind, gramps, when your sittin' in that eddy waiting 15 minutes for your ride...the anticipation count how many until your ride...2 more...1 more...ok I'm up....don't blow it, I've waited 15 minutes for this ride....ok hit the ferry, paddle, paddle (shit how many people are watching me?) PADDLE, ok I'm in, wait, no, paddle, ok now i'm what...oh yeah, how do i do one of those cartwheels...i think like ... this??? .........................OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......FLU SSSHHHHH....... out you go down the river......only after a breif 20 second ride, nothing to do but paddle back up into that eddy and wait another 15 minutes....oh wait, there are 5 more people here....wait 20 minutes.

have fun with that, chachi
Old 04-12-2006   #9
Wow Skeeter,
You are a sour puss, huh? Just like anywhere go in the morning you will be fine. I know that I would love to get up go to Bernices for a roll and coffee and then walk down for a morning play session. Beats the shit out of driving to alberton. By the way have you ever scene the eddy line when triple bridges is in or fang. Man I hope they never build a play park in your neck of the woods, you may just shoot someone. By the way learn to cartwheel and you will have a much longer ride, chachi
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #10
Louisville, Colorado
I've never actually been to the gorge, only read about it. My freind rafted down it once and said it was awesome. I don't even know what a fang or triple bride is. Yeah, i will flip sh*t if they build a park by me. I'm just jealous because there is no bernice's where I live, so I come across sour.

Enjoy the park. Just don't complain about it, too.