Old 08-22-2005   #11
pnw, Washington
Cabela's sells a collar that you can have the dogs name and your phone number embroidered into it.

Wouldnt help in this case, my guess would be that someone was worried about the dog or just stole it.

gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #12
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
So when you swim I bet you like it when someone tells you exactly what you did wrong and why your such a moron swimming in Class IV boogie bailey water right?

Get a heart E-M, the person lost a loved one

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #13
Electric Mayhem is right. For all all you enablers out there, get a clue. This is a person who did not look out for the dog. Its got nothing to do with sympathy or pity for the irresponsible owner. It seems most of you pity the owner while electric mayhem feels for the welfare of that dog.

Forget the dog sweety, I saw some old asian man frying it up in a pan down by the river.

Yours truly, The A-hole
The A-Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #14
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Nice post, Anonymous pussy. Bet it made you feel like a million bucks when you clicked "submit", eh? You don't have the balls to say shit like that to your girlfriend/wife/stranger in person, so you do it anonymously online. Pussy.

Go do something constructive ... like stepping in front of a bus. Pussy.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #15
It doesnt change the fact that this chick took a dog to Gore with no tags. You can fling as much shit as you want, it simply means you're standing in it. No it doesnt make me feel good about clicking submit you egotistical lightweight. There is a lost dog out there because someone didnt bother to take the correct steps to ensure that animal's safety.

If the purpose of attempting to insult me is meant to stir me up, you have failed. However, if the purpose of your weak verbal tirade is simply to show your weakness, you have succeeded. As Im sure you usually do.

Anonymous...uh no, many know who I am and if you dont watch your step, I am more than capable of teaching you a lesson you will never forget.

Hurling words is a device of the weak and feeble mind.
-Sun Tzu
The A-Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #16
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
A-hole, watch your tone man. Why is it everytime someone on this board is cursed, for good reason, they gotta come back with this battle of wits shit, I'm sure your a certified verbal assassin and all but Todd told you what we were all thinkin. Sometimes people just gotta call it like it is. Lay off the girl and the dog, I assure you she feels shitty enough, anyone wit a dog can understand. Even if they are flattulent, leg humping hounds! And dont be calling TG out like that, have you seen his work, he's cert. bad ass.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #17
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Yeah, we need self-righteous, "i-told-you-so", alpha male guys like you to make our community stronger, & to teach Valfromtheboat a thing or two, right? As if she didn't already admit her mistakes ... Thanks dick, you've mastered pointing out the obvious & made someone feel worse all at the same time.

Go away til you learn how to play nice, dick.

No more e-beatings, I'm tapping out, K, "sweety"?
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #18
I have ordered tags for the dog, and I am sure they are in the mail right now. She was either in the car or on a leash at all times. I thought she was safe in the car, but when we got back from hiking she was missing.

its fine to criticize how irresponsible it was not to have proper ID on the dog, but there is nothing I can do about that now, except look to the future. I met so many cool people at the fest I just thought I would put the buzz out there, in case someone noticed anything.

I am trying to stay positive and talk to rangers, place ads, call shelters and post notices.

I am definately not looking for pity, just my dog.
Valfromtheboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #19
Hello, I am new to the forum and to the kayak world. So far I have been so amazed a the kindness and compation of all I have met. I came on Mountainbuzz to yet again reach out to new people and I have heard so many amazing things about this site. Was I surprised at the self righteous attitudes of the few who berated this poor woman on the eticate of dog ownership. People make mistakes and if you read her post the dog was in her vehicle with her other dogs not roaming around loose. A 4 month old is more than likely not going to jump out of a truck much less leave her companions. Regardless, her dog is missing and she feels horrible. I am sure that you have made at least one mistake in your world and felt horrible about it. How sad for you if you had nobody to help you or lean on for support in your problem. Val was merely looking to her kayak family for some help. Then to offer violence, wow you are an amazing person with whom I would love to get to know, spend time with, and then maybe even kayak with you because I know that if I make a mistake on the river you will be there by my side saying deal with your mistake, you shouldn't of even made one.
lolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #20
Denver, Colorado
Val, how did the dog get out of the camper shell, don't you have to unlatch the gait to the topper? Hope he turns up, might want to check with some of the local raft companies too.
A-hole, there was only one verbal assassin, that was The Chunderboy. Nobody cares who you are, just some wanna-be Chunderbiatch who swims class two, and makes up for it by being a prick on the buzz. Your probably sucking Electric-Mayhem's cock right now, you flaming hippies.

LoopDog is offline   Reply With Quote