Old 06-21-2010   #31
Likes it wet.
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 2006
In Conclusion

Do you accept?

As I said, Austin will be in touch. I'm sorry for your troubles. My hope is that we'll sit down for a beer when I get back to laugh about this.

And to make it clear, I DID NOT receive any messages about this until the 20th, and even at that point was not aware how "dire" the situation was (plus I didn't have Austin's number on hand). To make matters worse I don't visit the cyber world nearly as much as I would like to check for people flaming me on internet forums, but thankfully I've made a few friends over the years who keep up with the jibberjabber a bit more.

Shoot me your address and I may be able to expedite the process. Consider me your emissary.

LiquidGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010   #32
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Originally Posted by CrossBo View Post
I usually don't respond to blogs, but man Randaddy, you are a disharmonious fellow. You have made several, blatant, mistakes here. First of all, you said on your initial blog that you loaned your splash top to Mike, and you didn't. Second, you said Mike forgot his gear at the put in, and he didn't. Third, you are asking him to return your gear when he doesn't have it. Before all of this mess, you forgot to get your shorty at the end of the run, and didn't even get the contact info for the guy you loaned your shorty too, or you didnít contact him. You refer to the river beat down my friend, but if you want to paddle without getting a beat down, you need to think ahead and prevent stupid mistakes. I feel sorry for you because things arenít going to get easier until you start thinking ahead and get your loaned gear back from people at the take out... or at least get the contact info of the person who you loaned it to, so you contact/bitch at the person who borrowed the gear. Mike is a solid and safe paddling partner, not worth loosing over an (apparently shitty) shorty.

GAtoCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #33
thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
In my days instead of the internet there was the school parking lot to square off with disagreements, you had with someone. One of my very best friends to this day, I met this way. We beat the shit - out of each other in the parking lot, a week later we became friends for life. Just like a rapid that kicks your ass, you just have to love it.</p>
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #34
this is amazing. so we got a snippy keen rep acting like if the gear's "shwaggy leftover river shit" its ok to be slack on returning it and calling people names and getting his panties in a wad because he couldnt be bothered to return a call from randdaddy for weeks? and he says he didnt get any messages so how does keen get in touch with him, do they have to use smoke signals?

then we got people saying its the randaddys fault because he didnt work hard enough to get the gear back from the guy at the end of the run? wtf? sounds like randaddy made a good faith effort using a couple of ways to deal with it offline for weeks before callin him out in public. flacos got it right that a simple returned call woulda done it for ran. yeah ran coulda handled it better in his post but i would be pissed too after a month of trying to get in touch with mike and not hearing back from him.
I'll boat til the rivers run dry
CoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #35
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I rarely post, and you probably could care less what I think, but for this to escalate to name calling and threatening a "beat down" - is totally childish! I bet if all these "dudes" met in a parking lot - there would be little chest puffing and name calling. Funny how people hide behind the internet - and think it's ok to bully other people on these types of forums.
Grow up! If you have his stuff return it promptly.

Just sayin'
chellebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #36
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
......and the road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Both sides have had their say. Seems like Mike is willing to try to contact FOY (flake of the year) Austin. Or has.

There will be no beat downs. The pot has boiled over.

Anything else is just dogpiling at this point. I am stuck in my store today, but all you other underemployed cyber jockeys should get to the river. It's gorgeous here in Idaho and we still have 'high' er flows, with some perfect surfing levels on some of the local runs. Damn I wish I was there.

I don't hide on the internet. If anyone wants to come beat my ass I am on Sun Valley Road in Ketchum, Id. A block and a half from the light. Look for the hand made wooden canoes, then look inside for the grumpy, fat bastard within.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #37
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
I don't hide on the internet. If anyone wants to come beat my ass I am on Sun Valley Road in Ketchum, Id. A block and a half from the light. Look for the hand made wooden canoes, then look inside for the grumpy, fat bastard within.

How about if we just come visit and share a barley pop?
Karma is like this: If we set causes in motion the effects come back to us.
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #38
Kayak/SUP Instructor
The High Ground, Colorado

"Let us cross the river to the other side and rest beneath the shade of the trees." ~ Last words of Thomas Jonathan ''Stonewall' Jackson
Theophilus is offline   Reply With Quote