Old 05-19-2010   #41
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Originally Posted by psu96 View Post
you appear to be a concern troll...
Eric is just trying to pass the time until he leaves for the Grand in 15 days. Cocky bastard.

"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #42
Leadvillian, Colorado
I for one would be the first to admit that I am a bit naive concerning the property owner, his plan for the property, etc. I do like the idea of a "dry" protest in that it could be legally pursued. A permit to gather could be obtained for a demonstration on the public road entering the property and it could have an impact on his customer base. It's fun to show how witty and clever we are online, but in fact the greatest strength of this tool is our ability to communicate. I'm just moved about an hour from the put-in so although it may not be in my backyard I would be happy to contribute towards a positive outcome in this access issue. How could we facilitate AW/CW weighing in on this and proliferating some information. The battle of the legislation may be lost, but the war has not. Let's try and stay positive and create a plan as so eloquently suggested.

Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #43
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Interesting... There was a meeting. dont care about cameras, Harmels has been taping for years. Threats are useless. I believe something will happen soon. PATIENCE. Robanna, get ahold of me when you will be in town and we will float the whole Taylor, with the upmost respect for ALL whom we may encounter!!
outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #44
Corrales, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2005
As a foreign tourist with New Mexico ID I’ll stay clear of the political discussion. But as far as runs go, Middle Taylor mostly sucks. There are lots of better runs in the area even for beginners and intermediates. You’ve got the Gunny Town run, Lake Fork Box, and Taylor Canyon is one of the best Class 3’s around. I’m not a constituent but I can support the boater and local community with my tourist $. Wonder if I'd get deported for putting in at south bank.........

southbound is offline   Reply With Quote