Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 10-03-2008   #1
West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Middle Boulder Creek Below the "Source" to Barker Res

I was checking out the Aspen's yesterday around Eldora over my lunch hour and was looking at middle Boulder creek through the town of Eldora.

Has anyone run from Hessie through the town of Eldora, through Arapahoe Ranch and through Ned to Barker? If so, any issues, fences, class rating, or beta?

If remember right, there is one pretty good rapid in the town of Eldora and there is a tight cement bridge at the East end of Eldora. Can't really see through A Ranch. I know A ranch is visited by some sweet wildlife, including moose.

Not sure how friendly A Ranch would be to boaters floating through? I am working on that with some locals.

It may not be the best whitewater, however, I would like to float and check it out next year, if possible.

Chief Niwot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I think John Koffler May have done it a few years ago. I'll try to find out from him. looks pretty flat below Eldora and as you said there is at least one if not several bridges that do not go at high flow. The rapid right above where the pavement ends looks pretty fun.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #3
Eldora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
I paddled through the town of Eldora last spring, not much there, I live there though so I had to do it. You can make it under all but one bridge. I didn't go below, there are a lot of private property issues, wood, and barbed wire. I have been looking though, maybe next spring.
skogorbet is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, boulder, boulder creek