Old 12-15-2006   #1
Send a message via AIM to ScottBarnes
message board Political Power

First my motivation for posting:
I would like to get more people to sign up for because we are going to use the number of members as one of the "selling points" when we bring up whitewater related issue in town meetings (and mention that we are representatives of NPMB, an internet based boating community in the northeast U.S.)

I think that paddling clubs are not as big (per club) as they used to be. There are exceptions of course, but most of the basic club benefits,such as contact information of fellow paddlers and keeping track of upcoming local events has been taken over by web-based communities.

I have attended many local and state meetings and hearings regarding dam relicensing and now dam removal/modification and ww park creation. Our local club numbers are down so we don't seem as impressive in meetings. But, as representatives of any web-based communities of paddlers, the memberships are increasing!

"Memberships" to message boards, such as this one, are free. Thus it's easy to join. Since it's easy to join, more people DO join and participate.

So, to gain more "power" I suggest that we sign up for each other's web communities. That way, when I say that I represent at the next meeting, the boating community can be better represented. And, the next time you need to write a politician, you are writing with the power of many instead of few.

Get the idea?

Where do I need to sign up to help you?

ScottBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #2
ski/kayak bum
where exactly on your site does it encourage your members to join mtbuzz?

I bet the number of members also drives your ad revenue.........

if you want something from this community, try contributing first....

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Originally Posted by double-a-ron
where exactly on your site does it encourage your members to join mtbuzz?

I bet the number of members also drives your ad revenue.........

if you want something from this community, try contributing first....

Hey Aaron,

NPMB isn't scott's site -- just the web comunity out that way, and Scott actually does contribute positivly to the buzz quite often (esp. for a guy from new england).

I used to live in boston and pretty much headed up the "NPMB is weak sauce" comitte -- I was not a big fan of the way it was run/censored. However, Scott is trying to make some good things happen out there (if you've boated out there you'd know, they need it) and npmb is the best mussle they have. I think the guy who runs that site is a tool box, so i don't click on any banners to help him generate revenue, but I will support any positive initatives in the whitewater scene -- esp. if it just means takin the time to add my name to the numbers.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote