Mountain Buzz banner

Major Google Earth Updates and videos

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Seadog 
#1 ·
So thanks to Paul, Darin, Brett, Claude, and Len, there have been numerous updates to the google earth file I initially posted. There have been 25-30 new runs added, alphabetized for ease, many playspots added, as well as rapid-by-rapid markers of several runs including Bald Rock (V+), Burnt Ranch, Salmon, American's, Pigeon Point and more. Check it out:

www.awetstate.com/1GoogleEarth.html
if anyone gets bored or feel motivated to make some contributions, please feel free to email me.

Also, many new videos have been posted including a nice 2 part carnage compilation, a hand paddling down class V video, and of course the trailer to Hotel Charlie 2.

www.awetstate.com/1OtherFilms.com

hope you all enjoy.

Daniel

#2 ·
This is pretty cool. It's a great use of Goggle Earth. You mark the put-in, take-out, shuttle route, major rapids, and you can post pictures along the run. It's almost like having CRC online.

But, I noticed there were no runs in Colorado. Oh, it would be great if someone could create this data base for Colorado.

#3 ·
yea, a friend of mind (Paul Gamache) who is a maniacal kayaker is working in CO this summer and plans on making numerous contributions to it. But in the meantime if anyone wants to send some points my way I will for sure add them to the file with credit given of course.

#4 ·
I am trying to do something similar for CO but time's been short. In the meantime, if you want to grab a Google Earth file of Colorado rivers & streams derived from the CO Division of Water Resources, click here:

http://www.iluvsatan.com/CO_rivers.kmz

As with Daniel's, if you do use this to mark put-in's and take-out's in Google Earth, please save your file and email me the .kml file!

-Claude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.