Old 10-01-2005   #51
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
The point about drama is sooo true.... but it is not a recent thing to Kayaking. I can remember when Rock Island was a secret, and when a famous Kayaker had a "Dancers only" club, secret creeks in the southeast, and when Corran bitched about the rules of a rodeo or when he got put in jail... actually thats just Corran. Its just that now that we have a forum like this we pick up on it a little more, but we have a choice as too how involved we are going to be with it.

Its actually kind of fun to get under each others skin a little... I actually wanted to map quest some directions to a gay bar as the location of the M wave.... By the way I have never been there, i would like to go, but that kid Alex (sheriff of the M-wave) might be there and he seems like he is kind of a whiney bitch. That's just based on how I saw him react to getting beat down at the Teva games. I might cry a bit too if that happend to me..

Hows that for Drama?

benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #52
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
I feel that i must defend Alex in this situation. Frist of all Alex is the shit. The kid kills and he is super nice. Secondly I was told a little story about something that happened at the M-wave a few weeks ago. Some Fuckers from Gunnison were at the M-wave when My friend Johnny, and Alex rolled up. Now both these boys paddle for dagger. They are both super friendly, nice, and bad ass boaters to boot. But these Gunny boys started talkin trash to John and Alex. Telling them to leave. Now they might not have known who Alex was. But no one has the right to tell someone to leave a play spot for no reason. And NO ONE has the right to tell Alex to leave the M-wave. That is one of the most fucked up things I have ever heard. You wonder why Alex might feel like has to protect the wave a bit sometimes. Assholes like that is why. I wasn't even there and this pissed me the fuck off when i heard about. So get off Alex's back.

TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #53
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Nyah-ahahaha. That horse is so right on. I been purposely stayin away from this thread cause I'm so frickin tired of CO boaters beating that dead horses arse, and then low and behold this is what I find. Way to address the issue TG. No need to go on repeating what has already been said here, but what the hell. It's a fucking wave in a fucking ditch. Enough said. Now, Todd or anyone, where can I find some good info and pics on that one-day stikine drop??? Thats the shit i'm talkin bout.

TG-check your pm, i gotta ? for you.

FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote