Old 09-24-2005   #21
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
thanks man, but do us all a favor & don't. seriously, leave it alone .. not because i give a shit about keeping the location under wraps, but because you're totally exacerbating the issue when you could just enjoy the fruits of your sherlock holmes-ish labor. go have a surf, take a friend, & just forget about it.

twitch, i'm waiting to hear back from my dad, but i *think* he may have been aboard with PopPop on one of those mako missions. I think I even know who your gramps was! How weird would that be (given I have no idea who you even are ...)

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #22
OC...gotta like Secrets.

sundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #23
I say ... get the f'ing directions on here and dissolve this conversation. You want the area protected. Then join AWA. You want to make sure that the area is perserved by your kayaking peers, then trust in us to do what they we all know is right with any area we travel down ... through ... around. It's the community coming together that get's er done ... If its worth protecting ... then lets do it right. So get them on, get this over with and if you want it protected, work with the organizations that support access.
BKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #24
You pussies. Talking about corn and crabs while your east coast brothers are throwing air wheels and such on the Upper F_cking Gauley!

Gilman, why are you spilling the beans on the top secret W-spot? The wedge is for locals only bi-atch. We all know you can't surf anyway.

For the record, the best corn is white shoe peg from Kinston, North Carolina. Or thereabouts.

Threw down at G-Fest last weekend. All you coloRADo boys were missed.

Enjoying the M-wave show from Down East, keep it up,
GDalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #25
you are all wrong.
Indiana sweet corn can not be compared to.
JJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #26
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Hey GDalton, sorry I was a bit late to respond/flame. I've been outta interweb access up in BC running creeks. You can spray all you want about "airwheels" on the Gauley during GF weekend, but I know the deal -- up all night boozin' in a raft company parking lot listening to glory stories about so-and-so's "rowdy" line at Pillow from drunk overweight Nine-to-fivers .. then spending all day superbly hungover & waiting in line for Geeks & Hungry Ma only to have your rides ruined by the incessant line of party barges .. all the while you wish Mann's or even the Meadow had water in it so you could get "away", but even if you could, those runs would have not only every "pro" & pro wannabe, but also every aspiring class V guppy from Philly to Charlotte to Columbus plugging up every eddy & sieve. Sweet, wish I was there.

Yeah, we pretty much had the whole province of BC to ourselves the last couple days.

JJ -- yer new nickname is "mellencamp" .. "jj cougar mellencamp" .. little pink corncobs .. we need to catch up. I'll give a call.

BKC, get a clue.
Old 09-28-2005   #27
Laramie, Wyoming
BKC, get a clue
Nice Todd, he was saying if the place is worth protecting get AW or CWWA involved and actually do something that will protect access. Instead you defend this localism bullshit where you and only the chosen few have any supposed right to be there. You are perpetuating the problem. THAT is why people are rooting for it to get shut down, why don't you get a fucking clue and check your ego.
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #28
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Let's do this.

I've been there twice & have no idea how to get back there & don't care. I think the secretive ocalism sucks ass & i think that the whining about not knowing where it is sucks ass & i think the whole issue is juvenile.

If you could get past your *literal* interpretation of everything printed you might get my sense of irony with the ORIGINAL POST that i put up (i.e., "beating a dead horse") .. The mtbuzz community at large is sick of this issue. Colorado boating scene upholds its childish image in the larger community thru stupid shit being said on both sides of this issue. It's been the same for FOUR YEARS.

My "get a clue" comment has to do with the waterway not being "defendable". You, as a longtime CO boater should know this. Everyone by now should know this. <<edit: Neither the AW nor the CWWA are going to touch this issue in a million years.>> It's a private diversion / irrigation ditch. You don't have the right to be there & neither do I -- I DON'T GO THERE. Get it?

Now that you kooks have hijacked my thread, which was supposed to have been about *anything* except for the whole M-Wave shitstorm (corn, crabs, fishing, sex, botulism, homophobia), I've had to spell out the painfully obvious. I apologize for your lack of a sense of humor/irony.
Old 09-28-2005   #29
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Posts: 989 we're getting somewhere..let's talk about SEX and BOTULISM! No two things go together quite so well.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #30
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
ok people--let's try to spell it out one last time. if this spot were on a river without access issues--it would be come one come all, let's have a rodeo/festival/whatever. no one is trying to deny anyone else the right to do anything. no one is trying to perpetuate "localism". no one is trying to keep any respectful boater away. there are no crowds there anyway. we only want the access issues not to get blown up. this will happen if folks are not cool while driving/being there. no offense to anyone in particular, but there are some loud, arrogant, jerks who kayak out there. these are the exception in my experience. it is very sensitive with private property issues surrounding a government irrigation ditch. we would like it to continue to be accessable for all who respect the situation. if this does not make sense to you, then you must be an idiot. if folks are indeed rooting for this spot to get shutdown--then you must be something along the lines of an as$hole/idiot combo. the only thing that needs to get shutdown are these m-wave discussions, hence todd g's post.

steven is offline   Reply With Quote