Old 09-14-2005   #11
Denver, Colorado
There is no way I am emailing you the directions! This is for professional boaters only, we don't want some scubs out here on our wave!! Next thing you know we'll will have some a**holes from Vail messing our sh*t up. If you don't have stickers on your helmet from your sponsor, don't even try coming out here. Electric Mayhem you can suck my balls you Boulder Bitch!!

LoopDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #12
the m-wave is the shit. i used to drive up there one day a weekend;every weekend; a 3 hour trip one way from durango from mid july to late october. its only about 1 foot deep at the bottom of the trough, fun as hell though.

all i got to say other than that is that if you are supposed to be there, someone you know will show you the way, thats how everyone but alex got there.....don't mean to sound like a dick, but thats just the way it is.

Old 09-14-2005   #13
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
you are all a bunch of pussy play boaters. And those of yhou who aren't playboaters are a bunch of pussy creakers.
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #14
its hard to be a pussy creeker when no creeks are running wayyyyy late in the season; and anyway what do know, me and jerod leon hit up the upper-upper anamis(a little below anamis forks) a time or two on the way up to the m-wave. its kinda fun if your in the area dicking around. play boat and creek in one day after the season has already ended, what more could you ask for?

note.. now that i'm in asheville, the m-wave is one of the things i miss most about Colorado; esp. this time of year. i don't know if thats funny or just plain sick.
Old 09-19-2005   #15
Focus on your own damn family, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
The Pikes Peak White Water Club sent an undercover team in search of the M-wave this weekend. After days of intense search we FOUND IT! Unfortunately we partied so hard in Telluride we won't be able to find it again, and we were too drunk to get the GPS to work.

The only thing i can remember is that it's in a lush valley and we had to hop a gate and hike a couple of miles down a dirt road.

Check out my picture in the Photo gallery.
cbrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #16
pnw, Washington
Cbrobin, You will have to give me the lowdown
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #17
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
crobin (and anyone else):
It looks like this thing is in an enclosed, concrete-slabbed irrigation canal, no? So.... that being said, and not seeing any boulders, debris, etc..... I'm just asking out of curiosity, anyone know what's there to create or give shape to the wave?? Or am I missing something?
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #18
i went down there afew winters ago to see what formed it. from what i saw that place gave me the creeps. there was an old bike a dryer a fridge and some other old home appliances in there... o and there was also a big rock.... along with all the rebar in the eddys.. its kinda sketch. and to the guy that jumped in...hes got balls
overlyworked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #19
Focus on your own damn family, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
It seems to be formed when the acequia widens a bit and reduces its angle of descent at the same time. The immediate area around the wave is quite clean, no debris.

I live a solid 4-5 hour drive from it. I doubt I'll ever paddle it.

cbrobin is offline   Reply With Quote