Old 06-09-2010   #1
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Lyons Outdoor Games is "ON" boys and girls!!

OK, there has been speculation, stoke and some damn good smack talking over the past few weeks! The speculation of the flows is now a thing of the past. The STOKE is in hyperspace and the smack talking is far from over.
Regarding the Adam Barron Memorial Creek Race:
Flows are high for sure, but all indications are pointing to perfect, but certainly not "low" flows. We are hoping for 250-275 and it appears we are at 375-400 today. With the steady drop at the moment it SHOULD be perfect. BUT, if not we have the ultimate plan B race run. To be honest, Plan B is probably a better run at the moment. If plan B is needed, we will finish at the previous race start area. The Plan B start would be .8 miles up stream. This will run through the big right pillow, tripple drop, and all kinds of unnamed (but at this level) RIPPING rapids.

The Freestyle event spot has yet to be decided. Black Bear and A Hole are still flushing. But yet again, Plan B Freestyle is off the charts at the moment. EJ said it may be better than A Hole at the best of flows at the moment. Its up in the Meadow Park, has great viewing for spectators and from what I have seen the pro's are pulling off every move in the book. According to Stephen Wright, it is fantastic.

Bottom line, we have what appears to be even better solutions with this high water. Everyone should be up there this weekend to see this spectacle. We have the largest purse in LOG history, personal sidebets that no one can beat Tao, and the kind of water that brings in the big dogs.

Who's gonna take Tao's $500.00?

Come out and have a great time at the Lyons Outdoor Games!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #2
Gnarnia, Colorado

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Hopefully the water cooperates, I think the narrows is by far the best race section on the creek. I am very pumped to get out there and fire as hard as possible to try and beat at least someone but if not I'm sure it will be fun as always. Thanks so much for the hard work marty, scott, peter and anybody else who is helping out. time to go get us some!
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote