Old 04-08-2009   #11
Silverdale, Washington
Paddling Since: 2007
Dan, I agree with Abron. I did it around 1000 last year, and I was disappointed. The rapids it does have are fun, but there's a ton of flatwater and the trip is way longer. It'd be easy to get in at least two runs on Cross Mountain in the time it'd take to do one run on LTB. Not to mention the LTB shuttle is long. Plus, Cross Mountain is a more scenic run imo.

CO_Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #12
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Thanks for the input...

I will be seeing into the options of doggy-daycare should we make it down...

calendar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #13
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by mania View Post
so I have a story. one time i was guiding the racecourse back in the day and these private boaters had a dog on their boat. they flipped at souse hole at about 5000 cfs (most boats were flipping that day). dog drowned. turns out they had CHAINED it to the boat to prevent it from running off. worse off the were watching the dog for a friend. real smart.
Dang, that sucks. Dog didn't even have a choice to be there. Souse hole is rowdy at 5000 cfs, flips like 50% of boats, and lots of logs swirling around.

I once saw a couple of drunk rednecks tubing up in WA, they kept going through the same rapid and kept flipping over and spilling their beer, so one guy thought it would be a good idead to put a seat belt on himself. He went through, flipped over and was stuck under his tube. All you could see was his feet and hands flailing at the sides of the tubes. It would have been hilarious if I didn't think he was going to die. He managed to extricate himself though. Anyhoo...

Claytonious is offline   Reply With Quote