Mountain Buzz banner

Lower South Boulder Creek after Flood?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Miller Time 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen LSB after the flood that can give us a report on how it has changed?

#2 ·
Not sure on LSB, but for Eldo, per an email thread floating around...

"Eldo looks so good to go this year, whole new river channel, super clean lines..." And, "Harmon has a weird undercut on right side now at crux so we will have to see who gets to run that one first and probe it out." Disclaimer: all of this was said by an individual that is known for having questionable judgment, and "good to go" has multiple definitions.

#3 ·
It had been approaching 200 cfs a few weeks ago. While that is not good boating it is very manageable. If it comes up again, with at least 60-70 at Eldo, I might be game to drag Riley through there, knowing there might be some stuff to portage.

#7 ·
Yes - boated once. The canyon has not changed at all but the take out (eldo canyon) was hit hard. Not as many eddies to use as a take out so scout ahead of time, unless you want to plow through Eldo as well.

The dam was clean - no issues. There is a serious log that is not easy to spot - right below the bridge below the last class V. My boating friend almost pinned on this one as there was an eddy large enough for my boat only. Still a fun run worth paddling every few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.