Old 06-25-2008   #1
Lower NF Poudre Questions?

I was hoping to get some advice on the Lower NF Poudre strech. I ran the filter plant run last weekend and it was super fun but just too short! Looks like the Lower NF is quite a bit longer (same rating) but I'm concerned about the 5-6 river wide fences that the eddy flower link mentions? Are they easy to see and can I get out before I run into them? I am taking a few beginners in duckys and am a little concerned. Any info would be great. Thanks so much.

Ducky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #2
West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
When I did this a couple of years ago the fences are easy seen and avoided, not sure if any new fences have been added.

It is a senic ranch kind of a run. In the upper stretch, depending on level it might be tighter and faster then FP, with one harder (not to hard) III rapid. I ran it at 250 and 350. I recommend 350. There are a couple blind corners, but scoutable, if you don't want read and run.

I heard from someone this year that Seaman's res is way down and it kind of runs like a creek through most of it? Typically, you have to paddle a mile or so across the res.

Below the dam, it seemed III/III-ish to gateway park.

Watch out for rattlers on shore.
Chief Niwot is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off