Old 05-04-2007   #11
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
You can take out at the confluence of the Blue and the Colorado (put-in for Gore). It would make for a really long day but I've heard of it being done. I don't know if there is a public access point between there and the standard take-out for the Lower Blue. Anybody?

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #12
I personally flip off the Blue Valley Ranch every time I go by now. A few years ago I was out in my raft fishing. I was a professional fishing and raft guide for 6 years and worked at Down River. I know the rules. I was out with another guide buddy and fishing this section. We saw some people at the "ranch" and floated through without stopping/touching anything. As we crossed under the bridge before the Gore put-in, the sheriff was sitting there waiting for us. He then met us at the take-out and proceded to give us tickets. We went to court and the 100 year old judge in Hot Sulfer Springs did not even blink when listening to our story... Fine and probation. I know there are big fish in there and can tell you exactly what to use, but I am not sure it is worth it. The cops said, "It comes down to the land owners word against ours, and they have a lot more money." My 2 cents...

puma2fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off