I've had several calls/e-mails today and saw a couple posts on mountainbuzz.com about the releases from Green Mountain. To clarify: the bump up in releases we saw over the weekend was just a test for our hydro-electric power plant. By this afternoon, our releases to the Lower Blue River should be back down to near 100 cfs.
It is also worth mentioning that our operational plans changed over the weekend slightly. Instead of peaking at 750 cfs Sunday morning, we hit the 750 cfs on Saturday night. That is why we are back to the 100 cfs range today rather than tomorrow morning, as originally scheduled.
Last, I know many are anticipating the spring runoff. At this point in time, I still do not know what to expect. As the weather warms and nature shows us more of what it has in mind, I will have more information to share. But, until then, we'll have to wait and see.
As always, feel free to call or e-mail. I'm in the office all week and can be reached at my usual contacts: (970) 962-4326 and firstname.lastname@example.org