Old 04-25-2009   #1
Silverthorne, Colorado
lower blue at 850

anybody down for an early morning run down the blue tomorrow let me know!!

rivermountaingnar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #2
Loveland, Colorado
In case folks didn't see my post on Friday, here is what I put on Mountainbuzz, just FYI:

Green Mountain update
Hi all,

If you've been over by the dam today, you have probably noticed that we have been bumping up releases over the past day or so. We are running some test of the hydro-electric generating units at Green Mountain Dam. We will bump up to a release of 750 cfs by Sunday morning, then bring the releases back down again. All increases and decreases will be in 100 cfs intervals.

Yesterday, Thursday, we bumped up from a release of 100 cfs to 200cfs.

Early this morning, we bumped up from 200 to 300 cfs. At noon, we bumped up another 100 cfs to 400.

Tomorrow morning, we will bump up to 500 cfs, followed by another increase to 600 cfs at noon.

On Sunday, we will bump up to 750 cfs at 8:00 a.m. We will start decreasing the release at noon, dropping back to 600 cfs.

Monday morning, we will drop another 100 cfs to 500; then down to 400 cfs by noon.

Tuesday, we will drop to 300 cfs early in the morning, down to 200 cfs by noon. And back to 100 cfs by 1:00 p.m.
As always, please let me know if you have any related questions or concerns. I'm on cell phone today at (970) 215-9545.

Kara Lamb
Public Information
Eastern Colorado Office
Bureau of Reclamation
(970) 962-4326
klamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #3
Loveland, Colorado
One more clarification on this...

I've had several calls/e-mails today and saw a couple posts on about the releases from Green Mountain. To clarify: the bump up in releases we saw over the weekend was just a test for our hydro-electric power plant. By this afternoon, our releases to the Lower Blue River should be back down to near 100 cfs.

It is also worth mentioning that our operational plans changed over the weekend slightly. Instead of peaking at 750 cfs Sunday morning, we hit the 750 cfs on Saturday night. That is why we are back to the 100 cfs range today rather than tomorrow morning, as originally scheduled.

Last, I know many are anticipating the spring runoff. At this point in time, I still do not know what to expect. As the weather warms and nature shows us more of what it has in mind, I will have more information to share. But, until then, we'll have to wait and see.

As always, feel free to call or e-mail. I'm in the office all week and can be reached at my usual contacts: (970) 962-4326 and

Kara Lamb
Public Information
Eastern Colorado Office
Bureau of Reclamation
(970) 962-4326
klamb is offline   Reply With Quote