Old 07-13-2006   #1
Loveland, Colorado
Lower Blue

If you're heading up to Green Mountain Reservoir or the Lower Blue, I just want to let you know about some of the work that is going on there that might impact your recreation plans.

As I've mentioned a couple times now, the work to replace the refurbished gate in the pipes that take water from the reservoir to the power plant is currently underway. We've got a dive team working on this project.

Because high flows of water make some of the dive work difficult, we are adjusting our operations slightly to accomodate their work day schedule. Yesterday, today and tomorrow, we bump releases up around 6 p.m. to 1250 cfs. Each morning, around 7 a.m., we scale releases back to around 700 cfs.

The larger flows at night make up for what we scale back during the day.

Those of you kayaking or rafting in the Lower Blue should know that the 6 p.m. time frame could really put a bump into your ride! If you know anyone who has already left for the Lower Blue this afternoon, and missed the e-mail, please give them a ring on their cell phones, if that option is available.

It's possible the crews will work through the weekend. If that is the case, this schedule of releases would continue through the weekend, too. Tomorrow, I will send another message letting you all know.

For those who have asked, I do not have projections for next week, yet. Hoping for that tomorrow, as well.

As always, let me know if you have questions. I'm in all day tomorrow and the rest of today.

Kara Lamb
Public Information
Eastern Colorado Office
Bureau of Reclamation
(970) 962-4326
klamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #2
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Kara, thanks again for keeping us posted on the flows. I'll be up on Pumphouse with some folks this weekend.

Also, it was kool to put a face with a name. Just happened to catch you on the news the other night. Didn't have the sound up, so I don't know what you were talking about.
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote