Old 06-29-2006   #1
Loveland, Colorado
Lower Blue

Hi all,
I've had some calls today asking what the Lower Blue will look like on the 4th of July. I can't honestly say, but I will give you my best estimate plus my regular disclaimer that whatever I estimate, the weather will change.

Today, we bumped releases up 50 cfs. Right now, we have about 550 cfs in the Lower Blue.

Green Mountain Reservoir is FULL. We are now only bypassing inflows coming into the reservoir on down to the Lower Blue. And those keep bumping up and down. That is why our releases have bumped up and down since Tuesday.

Because the reservoir is full, my best guess for the weekend and the 4th is that this sort of activity will continue. Inflows will spike up, then taper off. Our releases will adjust accordingly. That means the cfs in the Lower Blue will probably bump around between 400 and 600 cfs for the next several days.

Weather is the driving factor. If it really heats up and stays this dry, downstream water rights might start calling, in which case our releases will bump up. If the weather cools off a little and snowmelt run-off tapers off, our releases will drop. If it stays like it has been, releases will hover around that 500 cfs mark.

So, check the gage before you head up!

I am heading out of the office for about a week, taking a break! During my abscence, you can call our main line at (970) 667-4410. But, hopefully, you'll all be out enjoying the summer holiday, too.

Have a safe and happy Fourth!
Kara Lamb
Public Information
Eastern Colorado Office
Bureau of Reclamation
(970) 962-4326
klamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules