Old 04-17-2015   #1
SLc, Utah
Paddling Since: 1996
Low water Marsh Creek

Someone with the handle ditch posted in the river access forum on this topic. He got the answer 2.5 feet which I think is a good answer, I have most of the books and 2.8 feet at the MF Lodge is the lowest that was mentioned. However I want to push it a little... We have a 9/1 MFS permit and plan to run to Heller, and adding a night on Marsh must be considered. I expect the guage at the lodge is going to read 1' or something. We'll be in duckys at this point in the expedition, which are our low water boat of choice. We've been on numerous wet-sand and no-water trips. My concern is that it may just be a pile of boulders describable as one 17 mile sieve and it's really just not possible. I'm hoping someone knows from experience. Book descriptions suggest it may be rough, lower gradient above the confluence with Bear Valley then steep and rocky leaving us stuck down there.

poverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015   #2
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
it's not very pool drop that is for sure. Lots of steady gravelly pitches. Maybe on a 'normal' year - whatever the hell that is - if you are up for a torture fest but at the flow I am guessing it is hard for me to imagine anything other dragging your boats.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off