Old 10-16-2004   #1
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Low water Bailey, anyone?

Ok, I can't handle it any more - I need to creek. I've done it at 145, and it wasn't much different than at 165. It's at 122 now...anyone else desperate enough?

Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004   #2
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
"lifers" feeling deperate....

how desperate are you? you have time for a drive? i know another "creek" that's still running...low, but doable....a dry 16 footer and other kick ass boofs! 15 miles long.....some portages....excellent scenery.....WARM environment....cold water......shall we call it, CHUKAR CREEK?.....i am sure that it far superior to a low water run on "bailey" it meets the gunnison gorge at chukar trail! i would love to get 1 more run....i am could bring a playboat if you want.....9702751890....sun?

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #3
Milo, I've got to meet you some time. It sounds like you love the BC as much as me. I'd do it with you everyday if I didn't live in the front range. Could you do me a favor and check out my description on AWA and let me know if there is anything I should add or change. If you want to take it over I could give it to you since you seem to get to do it a lot more than me.
Thanks, Matt
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #4
crested butte, Colorado
love of nature

yo BIGBOATER=matt....i have spent over a month of my life in there just doing 1 day assaults(you do the math)....many other days spent doing overnighters, ice climbing, camping and climbing(rookie guy)... it is a "neet" place that draws me back.....a "training area" is what i use it for add to the adventure(suffering!)..... i will look into your sight... excuse me if this sounds dumb, is at or what?....i will help you out if i can... wanna go tube it?...... oh yea ...bailey is the topic..... or is it desperation? i can't remember! is it 122cfs or 509 cfs?.....montrose or denver zone? C. Blackmore aka milo
Old 10-19-2004   #5
The site is or something like that. Click on river tools, then CO. Tubing sounds interesting, but I don't know if I'm going to get out that way again in a while. Maybe next year - a little cold now. My email is if you want to make comments.
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #6
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992

Anyone can register on the AW website, it is free - you don't have to be a member. Once registered you can post tons of photos on your favorite runs, or be a super hero like Big Boater and write up detailed descriptions of your favorite runs. I've never done the black canyon, but as far as quality of description Big Boaters write up appears to be top notch!

Colorado only has about 10% of the runs covered with descriptions so if anyone wants to contribute let me know!
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #7
Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000

Or for another option, you can do the same thing as A.W, but more on a local level. Do your write ups at It is fast, easy, and all the women will want you! I promise!
Oh yeah you can win cool stuff, like helmets and life jackets! That stuff could come in handy next year when you are able to kayak on a new river you read about from!!

boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #8
crested butte, Colorado
more info....

hey bigboater, i could help out with the description....i have a list of landmarks and rapids, in sequence(it took many gallons of sweat, months of scatching ivy infested wounds, one broken foot, 1 super-vicious spider bite, 1 knockout punch from MR. Rock, 2 cases of giardia, witnessing horrible moments of river carnage, eons of portaging, hundreds of giggles, hundreds of pisses, weeks of lost sleep, greying of my hair!, many days spent organizing shuttles, weeks of being in lala-land after paddling it, several scary beatins', several do or die problem solving moments, days spent deciding-paddle? or portage?etc, to put the puzzle together), lines thru rapids, ratings(nonbiased), portages, special hazards, portage path info(i call the true p.path the "superhighway", sketch ferry info, H20 level info, best camp info...etc....i will send it to your email. i know it rock by rock, tick by tick, ivy plant by ivy shittin'....peace bro C. Blackmore---------aka------milo